official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Bayareaflyer 44

Well, I'm back in.
I'm a former 9-year member (the 80's were a great time!).  I was an Earhart cadet, and had crossed over to the dark side and had the honor of being a TFO.
Now, after my little 20-year break, I'm back with my old unit.  There have been some minor changes since my last time - had to trade in my fatigues for BDUs, and my Blues seemed to have shrunk; but CAP life is good and I'm off and rolling.
This is an amazing site, wish I had this resource back in the day!

Earhart #2546
GRW     #3418

C/MSgt Lunsford

Welcome Back. What brought you back to your old unit?

Wright Brothers #13915

Dragon 3-2

Cadet Major Steven Smith, Originally out of Georgia Wing via; Fulton Composite Squadron, Jackson Composite and Clarke County Composite, Now a member of New Jersey Wing, cadet commander of NJ-102 Plainfield Red Falcons. I am 20.5 years old ( not looking forward to my next birthday) I am a member of the New Jersey Wing Dragon Drill Team and will be representing NER at Nationals this year. I have been in CAP since October 2003.

Captain  Steven Smith
Aerospace Education Officer
NJ-102 Plainfield Red Falcons
Eaker #2089
2009 NJWG / NER Dragon Drill Team

Mullins

Welcome Dragon/Major Smith.  Good to see an other NJWG member in CAPTalk.  Are you by any chance going to BE09 as staff?
Cadet Senior Master Sergeant Ryan Mullins
        NJ-067 Bayshore Composite
               Bravo Flight Sergent

Dragon 3-2

Captain  Steven Smith
Eaker #2089

Mullins

That's what I thought.  I'm in Stan. Eval. under Peisch.
               Bravo Flight Sergent

Dragon 3-2

lol she was one of my basics last year, your in good hands :)

Captain  Steven Smith
Eaker #2089

MIKE

Mike Johnston

AndrewA74

Hello,
My name is Andrew Austin, I'm a C/A1C at the Iredell Composite Squadron (NC-162). Just found this website, hope to learn from it and enjoy myself on it. Glad to be a member here!
Andrew

Mullins

Bravo Flight Sergent

DBlair

DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

firefighter5600

new here, was a cadet for a very short while back in the early 80s, joined as a senior member while stationed in Germany with the Air Force, now rejoined with my step-daughter in the hopes she will enjoy it for years to come
John Holland
SM soon to be 2nd Lt
Shelby Comp Sq

Pylon

Quote from: firefighter5600 on July 08, 2009, 01:01:20 AM
new here, was a cadet for a very short while back in the early 80s, joined as a senior member while stationed in Germany with the Air Force, now rejoined with my step-daughter in the hopes she will enjoy it for years to come

Welcome back to CAP, and welcome to CAPTalk!  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Cap Zapped

Hello, Everyone! I am new to CAP! Recently found a site on the web and said to myself: "Wow! I must join this group!" I am a senor member. Greetings to all from California... out here in the desert of Joshua Tree!
Don

Chappie

Quote from: Cap Zapped on July 10, 2009, 07:40:45 PM
Hello, Everyone! I am new to CAP! Recently found a site on the web and said to myself: "Wow! I must join this group!" I am a senor member. Greetings to all from California... out here in the desert of Joshua Tree!
Don

Welcome from one who resides in the CAWG (Central California Coast...and I don't envy you and the heat - LOL)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

notaNCO forever

Quote from: Chappie on July 10, 2009, 07:43:42 PM
Quote from: Cap Zapped on July 10, 2009, 07:40:45 PM
Don

Welcome from one who resides in the CAWG (Central California Coast...and I don't envy you and the heat - LOL)

Ten years in that  desert cured me from ever saying I envy heat. 120 degrees in the summer, no thanks.

Sherry

I can certainly identify with the "junkie" part. I'm a "Trauma Junkie" myself. See http://sherryjonesmayo.com for "Confessions of a Trauma Junkie." Oh, what fun!

flyerthom

Quote from: Sherry on July 13, 2009, 11:07:16 PM
I can certainly identify with the "junkie" part. I'm a "Trauma Junkie" myself. See http://sherryjonesmayo.com for "Confessions of a Trauma Junkie." Oh, what fun!

Right there with you! AC failed in the A Star yesterday on the way back to Bleedhead ah Bullhead after flying a jet ski vs jet ski to the trauma center.

It was a slight bit warm  >:D
TC

James Shaw

Quote from: Sherry on July 13, 2009, 11:07:16 PM

Welcome Sherry....good to hear from you again.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

James Shaw

Sherry is also a Bronze Medal of Valor recipient. We got our medals at the same time.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current