official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Pylon

Quote from: NC Hokie on June 11, 2008, 02:02:58 AM
Greetings!

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks now and figured that it's about time to take advantage of (and contribute to) this board in a more proactive way.  I am coming up on my first year anniversary in CAP and find that I am FAR more involved that I would have anticipated.

I am currently serving as my squadron supply officer, IT officer, and (as of last week :o) AE officer.  I'm active with our cadets and am currently working on ratings in Logistics, Aerospace Education, and Cadet Programs.

I look forward to "meeting" each of you and discussing all things CAP.

Welcome!  Now you can add "CAPTalk Liaison Officer" to your duties list for your squadron.   :D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

stratoflyer

Hello all! I was a cadet before I went to school and now I'm back after a few years as a senior member. I have read a few posts at this forum and seen a lot of great ideas and I just hope that together we can make CAP better still. Looking forward to communicating with you guys!
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

RickFranz

Quote from: stratoflyer on June 21, 2008, 09:08:54 PM
Hello all! I was a cadet before I went to school and now I'm back after a few years as a senior member. I have read a few posts at this forum and seen a lot of great ideas and I just hope that together we can make CAP better still. Looking forward to communicating with you guys!

You are in good company, I believe there are more than a few old cadets that turned to the Darkside here. ;D

Welcome
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

rightstuffpilot

So I'm here, but I've really been here for awhile--I jst didn't post!
HEIDI C. KIM, Maj , CAP
CFI/CFII/MEI
Spaatz # 1700

Cedar Rapids Composite Squadron- Commander

Pylon

Quote from: rightstuffpilot on June 26, 2008, 04:34:05 PM
So I'm here, but I've really been here for awhile--I jst didn't post!

I'll say - You joined in December 2005!  But hey -- better now than never!  :)

Welcome
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Talon One Six

C/1st LT Steven R Smith of Plainfield Cadet Squadron NJ-102, I am 19 years old and a sophmore at Rutgers University, and Union County College. I am a Cadet 3rd Class in Air Force ROTC Det. 485. I was a Cadet Major in Army JROTC at Clarke Central High School

I joined CAP with the Fulton County Squadron of Georgia Wing, in fall 2003, I have been apart of Jackson County,Barrow County and Athens-Clarke County Squadrons also part of GAWG. I recently recived my pre-solo wings after attending the NJWG Falcon Flight Encampment. I attended the 2004/2005 GAWG summer encampments in Bravo and Delta Flights each. I will be Charlie Flight's Commander durring NJBE 08

I am aiming to get a pilots slot to Fly F-16,-22 or F-15E's, but ill fly anything they give me lol

C/Captain
XO Plainfield Cadet Squadron NJ-102

Talon One Six

Quote from: Jersey_Pride on October 10, 2007, 12:24:52 PM
Howdy y'all. I'm new to CAP Talk but not to CAP, I just never got around to making the account. Well, I'm C/2d Lt Emily Greiner from Teaneck Composite Squadron of New Jersey Wing. I've been in CAP for a little over two years now.

and u wonder why we call you southern (spoken from a former GA Wing Member)

C/Captain

RickFranz

^ Talon One Six

What do you do with your free time? ;D

Welcome to CAP Talk.  Keep working toward those goals of yours!
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Talon One Six

mostly i play xbox360, build model planes, trains basketball, football, you know regular college stuff lol

C/Captain

mikeylikey

Quote from: Talon One Six on July 06, 2008, 09:36:40 PM
mostly i play xbox360, build model planes, trains basketball, football, you know regular college stuff lol

When I was in College (we weren't building model planes)........well we will leave that alone  ;)
What's up monkeys?

CadetProgramGuy

Hey I'm 33 and I still play XBox......(build rockets too......)

x15sr71f112002

I am also here, Mass Wing Mission Pilot, member for six years and still enjoy it. 

Ltsteve

I am with the Okla Wing, for eight years. I am the Safety and Communications Officer with WRCS and I am a GTL.

RickFranz

Well hello x15sr71f112002 and Ltsteve

Welcome to CAPTalk   :clap:
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

SilverEagle2

Well, I'm back.

Former C/Lt Col from Ohio Wing (1990-1995) now a fresh 1st Lt in Utah wing.
I own/fly a Beech Sundowner, build Giant Scale RC/Heli's, High Power Rockets, and computers.

Good to be back after a long break. Now if someone could recreate my Cadet Records, I'd be peachy.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

drcomm

Quote from: Ltsteve on July 11, 2008, 12:06:56 PM
I am with the Okla Wing, for eight years. I am the Safety and Communications Officer with WRCS and I am a GTL.

Hi neighbor!  Welcome to CAPTalk!
David Romere, Maj, CAP
Starbase Composite Squadron, SWR-OK-151
Oil Well 767
Mitchell Award #2536 (May 1981)
Amateur Radio Call Sign: KA5OWI

MitchCat

Hey y'all...
I've been hanging at CS, and happened upon CT by chance.  Both are pretty cool and extremely informative.  :) Anyway, I'm a relatively new (February 08) CAP member of PCR-WA-051, Peninsula Composite Squadron.  I LOVE CAP; basically it's taken over my life.  Even my work schedule revolves around CAP! lol. Right now I'm a SrA, but I'll be getting that Fourth Stripe here pretty soon.  I'd say my favorite part of CAP is... well, everything, basically! I love drill, AE, ES, customs and courtesies, and perhaps most of all, leadership.  The military aspect is also huge; it's pretty much what got me involved in the first place.  My goal in life is to: complete two years of Running Start at the community college, get into USNA, then get into P-Cola, and end up flying things off the carriers for my career.  Just say no to Air Force! I'm Navy at heart, always have been, always will be. See y'all around!
Catherine "Cat" G. Sedy, C/TSgt, CAP
Bravo Flight Sergeant
Peninsula Composite Squadron, PCR-WA-051
Encampment Honor Cadet, CFXIII Summer 2008
Ground and Urban Direction Finding Team Task O-0102-3-f: ...Sleep whenever possible.

RickFranz

Welcome MitchCat.  Take it from an old cadet, learn all you can, go to everything you can.  Get involved work hard, it will not hurt you a bit.  Good luck on your goals.

Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

sburrows

Hello all,

I am new to this board, glad to have found you, and thought I'd write this quick note.....

I am also very new to CAP having just recently joined. I am excited to be joining this organization because of all the positive things about it!

I am a private pilot and look forward to sharing my love of aviation with the cadets. As I have read here, and elsewhere, the cadet program is active. At my first meeting, I was incredibly impressed at how 'adult' the cadets were acting. What a great mentoring opportunity.

I look forward to reading more and posting some of my questions..
Stephen Burrows, Capt., CAP
Stratford Eagles Squadron; CTWG
Squadron Finance Officer
Squadron Assistant Medical Officer