Main Menu

Unit Service

Started by colkemp, July 06, 2011, 08:02:26 PM

a2capt

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on July 08, 2011, 01:40:05 AMPerhaps you learned on the new books, I'm not so up to date on those.
Now now.. lets not be hasty.. they worked hard on L2L...

lordmonar

Quote from: Zen Master Charlie on July 08, 2011, 02:06:09 AM
internet 'tude is like the 4th deminsion... it doesnt exist, or does it, not really but kinda'... who knows...

Well Cadet....former regional CAC member.....i.e. it is only going to take us about 2 second to find out how you are, what unit you belong to and when your next promotion is going to be.....let me explain that internet 'tude does in fact exists.....and it does infact reflect up on CAP, You and your prospects of getting promoted.

This is not a threat....I don't really care......but if you think that you can say or do anything you like on this or any other forum...because it is the internet, or free speech, or what ever.....you are sadly mistaken.   

This is your warning.  8)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

What Lordmonar said.

As a C/CMSgt, I was reprimanded for conduct on Cadet Stuff. I learned real quick after that. (For the most part).

I would hate to see you get booted for your behavior, but quite honestly, you've earned it in my eyes.

Edit: His account says "Suspended". What a shame.

Buzz

Quote from: jimmydeanno on July 06, 2011, 08:10:34 PM
Are you talking about the "Unit Citation Award?"  The plain green ribbon?

If so, the current regulation says that you must be a member of the unit when it was awarded to wear it.  Otherwise, you don't wear one.

I hate to drag this back on topic, but IF you are a member of a unit which is awarded the UC at the time that it is awarded, you are authorized to wear it forever.

For a while, if you were member of a unit which had been awarded the UC before you got there, you could wear it while you were a member of that unit.

Thus, I used to wear the UC with two devices, having been in two squadrons that earned it while I was there, then while a member of a third which had won it years before.

lordmonar

Quote from: Buzz on July 17, 2011, 08:05:49 PM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on July 06, 2011, 08:10:34 PM
Are you talking about the "Unit Citation Award?"  The plain green ribbon?

If so, the current regulation says that you must be a member of the unit when it was awarded to wear it.  Otherwise, you don't wear one.

I hate to drag this back on topic, but IF you are a member of a unit which is awarded the UC at the time that it is awarded, you are authorized to wear it forever.

For a while, if you were member of a unit which had been awarded the UC before you got there, you could wear it while you were a member of that unit.

Thus, I used to wear the UC with two devices, having been in two squadrons that earned it while I was there, then while a member of a third which had won it years before.

While it is true....BITD.....you could wear any and all unit awards that your unit won......it has not been the case for the 20+ years.  In CAP or the USAF.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP