Encampment Contraband.

Started by colkemp, June 22, 2011, 05:15:23 PM

PHall

Quote from: Hawk_Girl on July 09, 2011, 04:06:23 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 23, 2011, 03:00:13 PM
We have logs somewhere.  Obviously the trend is more and more each year.

One tip - turn it off, completely.  If you need to, pop the battery.

This year there were at least two that had alarms which worked even when the phone was "off".

Cell phones are a problem every year.. haha, my phone does that too. It will power itself back on and start going off. Also, I have seen people trying to smuggle dip, more lighters than I can count, and one year actually saw a cadet trying to smuggle in vodka in one of his/her canteens. It was pretty funny and sad at the same time, considering the cadet was like 14 or 15. Now all the cadets in that wing are supposed to check in with empty canteens.

We don't have that problem in CAWG, we issue the canteens. And we KNOW they're empty when you get them.

Hawk_Girl

Quote from: PHall on July 09, 2011, 05:04:00 AM
Quote from: Hawk_Girl on July 09, 2011, 04:06:23 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 23, 2011, 03:00:13 PM
We have logs somewhere.  Obviously the trend is more and more each year.

One tip - turn it off, completely.  If you need to, pop the battery.

This year there were at least two that had alarms which worked even when the phone was "off".

Cell phones are a problem every year.. haha, my phone does that too. It will power itself back on and start going off. Also, I have seen people trying to smuggle dip, more lighters than I can count, and one year actually saw a cadet trying to smuggle in vodka in one of his/her canteens. It was pretty funny and sad at the same time, considering the cadet was like 14 or 15. Now all the cadets in that wing are supposed to check in with empty canteens.

We don't have that problem in CAWG, we issue the canteens. And we KNOW they're empty when you get them.

That has to come in handy with making sure that everyone has hydration gear!!

"The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way." ~ Robert Kiyosaki

commando1

Well I just got back from TN Wing Encampmnet held at Ft. Campbell. While there, one of my cadets found a half empty container of Copenhagen. It scared him soooo bad... :o
Non Timebo Mala