2011 Annual Conference & National Board

Started by jacob, May 30, 2011, 01:32:09 PM

jacob

The 2011 national conference is advertised as 17-20 August, but looking at the schedule I'm not seeing anything for general attendees until the opening in the evening on 18 August.  Am I missing something?  Just want to make sure before I book a hotel room.

FW

You are welcome to attend the National Board buisness meeting the morning of the 18th.  I understand there will be some interesting agenda items.  Enjoy the extra day and be part of the process. 

jacob

Turk

Quote from: FW on May 30, 2011, 01:49:26 PM
You are welcome to attend the National Board buisness meeting the morning of the 18th.  I understand there will be some interesting agenda items.  Enjoy the extra day and be part of the process.

If they're half as interesting as some of the Winter Board agenda items were, this should be quite an event.

"To fly is everything."  Otto Lilienthal

WT

Are the Winter Board minutes and the National Board draft agenda around here somewhere?
I can't seem to find them.

dalemill14z

Well, the hotel provided is good. I stayed in it for a week for my office work.  :D
Dale Miller

JC004

Quote from: WT on July 08, 2011, 04:46:02 PM
Are the Winter Board minutes and the National Board draft agenda around here somewhere?
I can't seem to find them.

The draft agenda should be out, I believe, this week. 

One of the important items will be: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13278.0

DogCollar

Is anyone else getting like an email every other day inviting them to come to the National Boards?  This has gotten ridiculous.  I now delete them without reading them.

I'm glad that there are members who are interested in the national affairs of CAP, and I suppose that I should be more interested than I am, but I really don't get into it at all. 
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: DogCollar on July 19, 2011, 07:32:37 PM
Is anyone else getting like an email every other day inviting them to come to the National Boards?

I've gotten a number from NHQ and several from wing passing those same messages on.

I don't know if this is just the marketing plan, or if they are having issues with attendance.  As close as it is, and considering the upcoming election, I wanted to go, but a business trip precludes me from getting down there.

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Is anyone else getting like an email every other day inviting them to come to the National Boards?  This has gotten ridiculous.  I now delete them without reading them.

I'm glad that there are members who are interested in the national affairs of CAP, and I suppose that I should be more interested than I am, but I really don't get into it at all. 

Oh, everyone just filters them to their trash now.

Quote from: Eclipse on July 19, 2011, 07:45:11 PM
I've gotten a number from NHQ and several from wing passing those same messages on.

I don't know if this is just the marketing plan, or if they are having issues with attendance.  As close as it is, and considering the upcoming election, I wanted to go, but a business trip precludes me from getting down there.

Finally.  Now I know it is safe to go.

MSG Mac

I'm planing to drive from MD and stay at a much cheaper hotel.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

FW

Quote from: Eclipse on July 19, 2011, 07:45:11 PM
Is anyone else getting like an email every other day inviting them to come to the National Boards?

Last I heard, there were just over 410 registered for the conference.  I would expect about 650 attendees by the conference date.  This is about par these days since there hasn't been airlift for quite some time now.  From what I remember, we haven't gone over 1000 attendees since 2001.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Last year in San Diego, there were no vender displays at the conference. Is CAP considered a good customer anymore?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Al Sayre on July 20, 2011, 08:04:50 PM
Vanguard had a room full of stuff...

I can't speak for anywhere else but the display they brought for the ILWG conference was pathetic.

davidsinn

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on July 20, 2011, 08:19:23 PM

I can't speak for anywhere else but the display they brought for the ILWG conference was pathetic.

They don't even bother to come to Indiana.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

JC004

Quote from: MSG Mac on July 20, 2011, 07:22:48 PM
Last year in San Diego, there were no vender displays at the conference. Is CAP considered a good customer anymore?

That is a good question.  There should be a lot of companies that want to advertise to CAP members.

The first year they came to ours (and I haven't been to one since, so I don't know), the selection was dreadful.  They had like a ton of colonel insignia, rather than anything decent for company grade, lower field grades, and cadets.  They had the CAP sword but sold out of nearly everything, including almost all the ribbons the night before the conference. 

The selection of items like personal shirts or hats sucked - and still does online.  I know a lot of people that would buy a nice CAP shirt or something, but what they have is silly.   :(

titanII

Quote from: davidsinn on July 20, 2011, 11:02:05 PM
They don't even bother to come to Indiana.
And they weren't  at the 2011 MAWG Conference.
No longer active on CAP talk

EMT-83

Does anyone really expect VG to attend all the Wing conferences?