Uniform on memorial day?

Started by Scurtin, May 17, 2011, 11:58:51 AM

Scurtin

Hi all,
Was just wondering if cadets are expected to wear bdu/blues to school on Monday the 30th (memorial day)
At all or what, I would just go text one of my fellow cadets, but they will be out of school A's my school took a couple snow days and have to make it up, so was just wondering if anyone off the top of there head knew?

Thanks,
Skyler curtin
C/Amn Skyler Curtin
GLR-IN-084
Lafayette Composite squadron

BillB

Wearing uniforms to school is normally thge Squadron Commanders approval. But due to the day (Memorial Day), BDUs would not be the uniform of choice. Blues would probably be equired. Check with your Squadron Commander.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

TCMajor

Scurtin,

This is not aimed at you but rather your school district. 

Of all the days to pick to try and make up snow days.  They had to pick one of the most solemn and significant days of observance in this country.  Shame on them.  I live in New Hampshire and we just add days to the end of the year, or chop out teacher workshops.  Were at 5 additional right now.  I can't believe your community stood for this.  I am just shaking my head in disbelief. 

Me, I would not allow my child to attend class.  No child of mine will attend school on Memorial Day period! 

If you must go simply follow BillB's advice.
Major Kevin N. Harbison, CAP
Major, USA (RET)
Commander
Greater Nashua Composite Squadron

Scurtin

Quote from: TCMajor on May 17, 2011, 12:49:33 PM
Scurtin,

This is not aimed at you but rather your school district. 

Of all the days to pick to try and make up snow days.  They had to pick one of the most solemn and significant days of observance in this country.  Shame on them.  I live in New Hampshire and we just add days to the end of the year, or chop out teacher workshops.  Were at 5 additional right now.  I can't believe your community stood for this.  I am just shaking my head in disbelief. 

Me, I would not allow my child to attend class.  No child of mine will attend school on Memorial Day period!

If you must go simply follow BillB's advice.
Well last day was supposed to be the previous Friday so the 28?, but ya memorial day is the first day of make up  of the 3 days, the only reason I really put up with it is because I think they do do a 2 hour program for the vets
C/Amn Skyler Curtin
GLR-IN-084

TCMajor

Skyler,

It is good to hear they are doing something.
Major Kevin N. Harbison, CAP
Major, USA (RET)
Commander
Greater Nashua Composite Squadron

Scurtin

Ya they isely get the local vets to show up and every year they usually go over taps, and do a 21 gun salute, it's nice.
C/Amn Skyler Curtin
GLR-IN-084