Main Menu

Vanguard BDUs

Started by mclarke, May 04, 2011, 02:13:42 AM

mclarke

Since none in my Squadron has a thought, anyone have experience with the Vanguard Blue BDUs? I need 3 sets of BDUs, however, I am kind of afraid to order after reading everything on here. I guess my basic questions are does it have the button fly, draw-string ankles, etc...

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

mclarke

Thanks. I had just read where Vanguard would send two different weights BDUs and truth be told, I will be on a tight schedule and everything. BDU.com did look like a good choice, I have never used them before.

SarDragon

I got mine from Vanguard, and am totally satisfied. They are Propper brand. That was a few years ago. I don't wear them as frequently as you folks, so they are lasting longer.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arBar

I ordered mine from bdu.com and got the propper brand.  I called Vanguard and they couldn't tell me what brand they were selling.  That may hve changed, I don't know.  Visit the propper website and look at the different materials available.  There are some BBDU threads on here with lots of info.  Mine have the button fly.  Good luck.

a2capt

I've been after some that are slightly darker, with a bit of subdued look. They don't have the shiny/brilliant component, and are Winter weight. I've seen many occurrences of them being worn the last few times I've visited AD AF places, and one cadet said they got 'em from the Big V, except what I saw on the table during the National Boards, and CAWG Conference wasn't that.