Main Menu

Black BDU's

Started by SII-117, March 28, 2011, 07:21:15 PM

BradM

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on March 28, 2011, 10:34:01 PM
For the safety minded this could be the official field uniform....

This is the proposed seasonal uniform for Autumn.  :o
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

♠SARKID♠

Ninja ground teams?  I'll get my nunchucks!

I think the black BDU's are already used by the black van operators.

ol'fido

I wear Black BDUs for work but I drive a white van. Actually, since I work for the state of IL it is two-tone..white and rust.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Major Lord

Hey, I did not see the "Queer eye for the straight guy" Army episode! I assume that's where that photo came from?

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

SII-117

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 28, 2011, 11:40:34 PM

No ninjutsu references please.
As one, I find it extremely insulting. >:(
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.

SarDragon

Quote from: SII-117 on March 29, 2011, 09:27:02 PM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 28, 2011, 11:40:34 PM

No ninjutsu references please.
As one, I find it extremely insulting. >:(

Lighten up, Francis! 
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

thatonekid

Now, if you all really want a distinctive uniform you've gotta go for this:
Remember: real men (and women (gotta be polically corect guys ;))) wear pink.
C/MSgt Collins

jks19714

No, no, no.  The BDUs must be ANSI Compliant says Mr Safety Guy!

And the matching hat:

If the issue was open for discussion, the committee would no doubt stick the CAP logos all over them just to lock us into another Vanguard purchase...
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

thatonekid

I still vote for pink BDU's
C/MSgt Collins

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: SII-117 on March 28, 2011, 07:21:15 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that if CAP wanted to be really distinctive, then the AF would let us wear black BDU'S?

We will never be "distinctive enough" for some in CAP until we drop all uniforms entirely except for the polo shirt.

Ever since (at least) the days of the "berry boards" and the institution of the bloody silly (not to mention unquantifiable) "low light/at-a-distance" requirement, CAP has been wringing its collective hands about "are we distinctive enough?"

I've seen black BDU's with CAP insignia...the guy told me they were very dark blue, but black is black.  It looked goofy.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

titanII

Quote from: BradM on March 28, 2011, 11:34:37 PM
Quote from: Ground_Pounder on March 28, 2011, 10:34:01 PM
For the safety minded this could be the official field uniform....

This is the proposed seasonal uniform for Autumn.  :o
It would probably only work for a month or two, and only in NER. I didn't recognize autumn colors at first. My first reaction was "what are they trying to hide in, fire?"
No longer active on CAP talk

LATORRECA

Black BDU's let me guess... you are somewhat new to the CAP. I agree the CAP should have an alternate BDU's but not black. I'm old school I like the current uniform but like everything we have to evolve to the better. Blue BDU's well don't fit gap the current uniform will leave. As the AF move away from the BDU's is getting less and less accessible to all members.
   Cadets like the Current uniform because make them feel they are part of some sort of Military organization and represent a structure and respectable symbol to them, thanks to our service members. Just look at the cadets making their uniform square away! :-X

Abdomina

It is kinda fun marching in a parade and all of the little kids go ''thank you for serving our country'' and in a way, we are because of the SAR stuff that we rarely do.

ol'fido

Our wing PAO called out some guy on FB the other day for posting that he was in CAP and his unit was getting "deployed" to somewhere. Anyway, the guys profile pic had him wearing Black ACU style uniform with his name tape over the left pocket, his CIVIL AIR PATROL tape over the right, and his wing patch on the right shoulder.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Abdomina

jimmydeanno

Quote from: ol'fido on May 18, 2011, 09:26:56 PM
Our wing PAO called out some guy on FB the other day for posting that he was in CAP and his unit was getting "deployed" to somewhere. Anyway, the guys profile pic had him wearing Black ACU style uniform with his name tape over the left pocket, his CIVIL AIR PATROL tape over the right, and his wing patch on the right shoulder.

One benefit of having a nebulous 39-1.  >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Al Sayre

Pickle Suits for everyone!
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Al Sayre on May 20, 2011, 04:29:16 PM

Solid green BDU's.  A compromise between woodland camouflage and solid blue...and readily available, at least on-line.

No U.S. military service wears them, hence no confusion (except for those as dim as a five-watt bulb).  BBDU's are potentially confusable with USCG and some law enforcement, mostly to ten-watt bulbs. >:D

However, I have a feeling the "corporatist/ES-only types" would cry foul for them looking "too military."

I am honestly surprised that the grey-only zealots haven't pushed for grey BDU's.

However, I have heard of wearing grey BDU trousers with the grey/whites...which I don't think is a bad thing necessarily.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Spaceman3750

Quote from: CyBorg on May 20, 2011, 07:38:32 PM
Quote from: Al Sayre on May 20, 2011, 04:29:16 PM

Solid green BDU's.  A compromise between woodland camouflage and solid blue...and readily available, at least on-line.

No U.S. military service wears them, hence no confusion (except for those as dim as a five-watt bulb).  BBDU's are potentially confusable with USCG and some law enforcement, mostly to ten-watt bulbs. >:D

However, I have a feeling the "corporatist/ES-only types" would cry foul for them looking "too military."

I am honestly surprised that the grey-only zealots haven't pushed for grey BDU's.

However, I have heard of wearing grey BDU trousers with the grey/whites...which I don't think is a bad thing necessarily.

Nah, the coporatists are all about their red! FWIW, I would be strongly opposed to any color of BDU that Propper doesn't make... Also, border patrol wears all green, so all green wouldn't be a total solution for our friends in the south.

jimmydeanno

*sigh* Corporatist *sigh*

I want CAP to behave more like a corporation, but it has nothing to do with uniforms...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill