Blazer w/Regimental Tie

Started by SARTAC Medic, March 03, 2011, 10:35:53 PM

SARTAC Medic

Perhaps a dead horse, or a stupid question....

If the 39-1 authorized the wear of the regimental tie, with the blazer and to wear the aviator shirt under with the proper grey accouterments, then why can't one wear the regimental tie with the aviator shirt without the blazer... Wouldn't it stand to reason that by simply taking the blazer off you would be breaking uniform regulations by having the improper tie on ?
NY Wing SARTAC

SarDragon

That is indeed correct. I have asked that Q of folks high up in the food chain, and it seems to have gone nowhere. I just carry the extra with me, and change as needed.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Thom

Quote from: SarDragon on March 04, 2011, 12:02:20 AM
That is indeed correct. I have asked that Q of folks high up in the food chain, and it seems to have gone nowhere. I just carry the extra with me, and change as needed.

If you anticipate taking off the blazer, and indeed have worn all the 'stuff' on your shirt under it, why not just wear the plain blue AF tie so you are good either way?

I don't have a problem with getting NHQ to authorize the regimental tie with the G/W, but isn't it fixing an avoidable problem?

Thom

Eclipse

One cold argue that the blazer uniform is not the same as the aviator whites (i.e. the service cost for that uniform).

One could also argue that those regimental ties look goofy and should never be worn at all...

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Also, the blazer w/regimental tie predates the aviator shirt by many years.

SarDragon

Quote from: arajca on March 04, 2011, 02:05:11 AM
Also, the blazer w/regimental tie predates the aviator shirt by many years.

Not exactly.

The blazer has been around since before 1968. The regimental tie came on the scene between 1987 and 1997. It appears that the aviator shirt was authorized in the same time period. Without a copy of the 1991 version CAPM 39-1 on hand, that's the best guess I can give on dates. There is a good likelihood that the shirt and the tie hit the street at the same time.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret