Uniform for Class

Started by JROB, February 22, 2011, 04:54:14 PM

JROB

I am scheduled to take ICS 400. The class is being taught by the local EMA. There is no uniform requirement but I don't want to wear blue jeans and a t-shirt. What do you guys suggest?

JROB
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

arajca

Golf shirt is appropriate for this class. If you don't have that, wear a nice shirt/slacks.

Eclipse

Yep - that or blues.  Something "office-y".

The classes I have taken have been a mix of everything from jeans / t-shirts to suits, depending on who the person is and whether
they are on duty during the class.

"That Others May Zoom"

JROB

I don't own the gold shirt combination. I was thinking about wearing Short sleeve blues or BDU's
Maj. Jason Robinson
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

Hawk200

Quote from: JROB on February 22, 2011, 05:34:18 PMI don't own the gold shirt combination. I was thinking about wearing Short sleeve blues or BDU's
I'd go "casual" short sleeve blues. Nametag and rank, maybe a single badge. Wouldn't bother with ribbons or multiple badges.

GTCommando

^^Wow, I'll bet that gold shirt would cost you an arm and a leg! Where might I find one of those?  ;)
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

MIKE

The last ICS course I took I was in Tropical Blue because it was the uniform of the day for the conference where I took it... But if you are taking a course hosted by your local EMA, I would leave the uniform at home.
Mike Johnston

manfredvonrichthofen

I would leave the uniform at home unless there are a few CAP members attending. Unless your commander wants you to represent the squadron in the class.

vento

When I attended the ICS-400 at a local EMA, there were a few CAP members and everybody wore the golf shirt. The Sheriffs, a few Police officers, and some CAL Fire guy also wore their version of the polo shirt (they usually wear the polo with a tactical pant). A few other fire departments wore their shirt uniform. An active AF 1st Lt wore his ABU. The CG guy and an CGAUX guy wore their blue BDUs (or whatever it is called). In my opinion, the golf shirt is the best uniform for the class.

AngelWings

Quote from: vento on February 22, 2011, 07:17:59 PM
When I attended the ICS-400 at a local EMA, there were a few CAP members and everybody wore the golf shirt. The Sheriffs, a few Police officers, and some CAL Fire guy also wore their version of the polo shirt (they usually wear the polo with a tactical pant). A few other fire departments wore their shirt uniform. An active AF 1st Lt wore his ABU. The CG guy and an CGAUX guy wore their blue BDUs (or whatever it is called). In my opinion, the golf shirt is the best uniform for the class.
Coast Guard uniform is called the ODU: Operational Dress Uniform.
I've never been to a class like such, but a Polo and khaki's is what I usually associate with informal events when you still want to look decent.

MIKE

Quote from: vento on February 22, 2011, 07:17:59 PMThe CG guy and an CGAUX guy wore their blue BDUs (or whatever it is called).

Operational Dress Uniform.  ODUs, especially the untucked ones are much better looking than your average blue BDU IMO.  ;D
Mike Johnston

CAP Producer

Shortsleeve blues or aviator shirt (No Ribbons) would probably work best. It's a good networking opportunity.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

Check with your commander first to see if you should go in uniform.

If s/he's good with that, my choice would be (depending on weather):

Short-sleeve blues/blue-white CSU (if you have that)/grey-white (if you like those)

Long-sleeve blues w/wooly-pully (if it's cold) - tie optional with wooly-pully

I really must be getting senile.  I haven't seen a gold shirt in the 39-1.  That would be bloody expensive, indeed; talk about Come And Pay! >:D :P ;D

I'd second what's said about the ribbons...if you do want to wear ribbons, I'd just wear your top three.  I rarely wear ribbons on the blue shirt.  I save most of my blingage for the service coat.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

JROB

More and more I'm thinking about wearing blues with my wings and Master GT badge. The Gold shirt looks good with grey pants j/k
Maj. Jason Robinson
SER-MS-096

EMT-83

Quote from: JROB on February 22, 2011, 08:35:41 PM
The Gold shirt looks good with grey pants

If it shows up on the NB agenda, we know who to blame!

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: JROB on February 22, 2011, 08:35:41 PM
More and more I'm thinking about wearing blues with my wings and Master GT badge. The Gold shirt looks good with grey pants j/k

The blues with the wings/MGT badge are a good option.

If you wear the Gold shirt, make sure to wear gold seersucker trousers (a'la old Motown legends) with. :clap:
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Sapper168

The Polo shirt Uniform is probably the most appropriate for this kind of class.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

a2capt

Gold shirt? We have something colored gold? I can't imagine what that would look like, not sure I want to, either. Though Dried up left open mustard does come to mind.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Star Trek (old school) command shirt?

davedove

Quote from: phirons on February 23, 2011, 07:19:28 PM
Star Trek (old school) command shirt?

That one would be okay, but you have to look out for the red ones. :o
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: davedove on February 23, 2011, 08:23:22 PM

What I couldn't figure out is how between the old-school and NextGen, the colours got reversed.  Red became Command (Riker, Picard) and gold became Operations (Worf, Data).

I much preferred the "mirror universe" uniforms.  Sulu was wicked.

The mirror universe Enterprise prequel series insignia could have uses for CAP.

SMWOG

2LT

And so on.

Really...we could have something similar and distinctive by going to modified AFROTC insignia.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Spaceman3750

Quote from: CyBorg on February 23, 2011, 09:56:35 PM
Quote from: davedove on February 23, 2011, 08:23:22 PM
2LT

Sorry, we flight officers already have a lock on that insignia >:D.

JROB

Well I was WAY over dressed for this class. I wore short sleeve blues with tie (I dont like wearing v-necks) and my wings and Master GT badge). Everyone there was wearing a department t-shirt and jeans. They told me that "an air force guy did the same thing on the first day. and on the second day he wore jeans and a t-shirt". So guess what i'm wearing tomorrow.
Maj. Jason Robinson
SER-MS-096

RADIOMAN015

If you are taking the course because of your CAP affiliation than you should wear an appropriate uniform.  I'd suggest the golf shirt/grey pants combination, primarily because many of the EMA's now have golf shirt type uniforms and you will fit right in.

I wouldn't wear a uniform that made you look like a commanding general.

RM

billford1

I realize it's not an option anymore but I wish they'd bring it back. The Aviator Shirt with the Blazer Name Tag.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: billford1 on February 25, 2011, 01:29:13 AM
I realize it's not an option anymore but I wish they'd bring it back. The Aviator Shirt with the Blazer Name Tag.

And yet, I saw a member wearing that exact combo just 5 days ago...  :-\
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

billford1

Wasn't the Aviator Shirt with the Blazer Name Plate phased out?

SarDragon

Quote from: billford1 on February 25, 2011, 03:39:51 AM
Wasn't the Aviator Shirt with the Blazer Name Plate phased out?

Yes, before the new uni reg came out. Probably 2002-ish?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret