Uniform for promotion

Started by Smokey, December 21, 2006, 06:03:23 PM

lordmonar

Quote from: Hawk200 on December 28, 2006, 04:17:41 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on December 27, 2006, 10:08:57 PMI have met some bad supervisor and I know it can be frustrating sometimes, but bottom line is that you have to give your supervisor the ammunition to write you a decoration.

Ammunition? Like writing my own package, asking the assistance of a senior NCO to write it, and handing it to my supervisor with the only requirement being his signature? Is that the ammo you're talking about? Or is that somehow not enough?

QuoteIf you would like to get more decorations....get your ratings up to a 5....ask your supervisor straight up what you need to go do to get a 5 and do your best.

To me that sounds like a copout. "No 5 EPR? Screw you, then."  Doesn't matter anymore though.

QuoteSupport for the squadron, community activities and off duty education are the three big areas that most people I have supervised need the most effort in.

Squadron functions? I believed that I have failed to make a point. Most of the squadron "activities" I've ever been to included alcohol. I rarely consume. Not consuming got me labeled as "not a team player". I didn't want to party with drunks. I would be happy to accept any reasonable explanation as to why that is wrong.

Community activities: Primarily CAP. Blood donations (Red Cross). Helped deliver toys on a couple Christmases. Not much other than that, those were the few times when being a non-drinker didn't seem to matter. Didn't really know what else to do. But, yeah, definitely not enough.

Education: Something that I was definitely woefully ignorant of. Yeah I got the briefings, but the impact of education on career was never really conveyed. I know it now (also too late for the military career), starting college in the spring.

Do we really want to do this on a public forum?  You can E-mail me at lordmonar@yahoo.com or patrick.harris@nellis.af.mil or.....we can start into it right here?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

ColonelJack

Quoting John Kachenmeister:

"Well, try getting a bigger car."

Yeah, that little Nissan just doesn't help the image one bit, does it?   ;)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Hawk200

Quote from: lordmonar on December 28, 2006, 08:54:46 AM
Do we really want to do this on a public forum?  .....we can start into it right here?

Point taken, it doesn't belong here. Any information on getting ahead is completely irrelevant now anyway. So continuation is unnecessary.

Consider it dropped.