DRAFT CAP REGULATION 62-1 AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW

Started by caphornbuckle, December 10, 2010, 06:01:03 AM

caphornbuckle

This will be a complete revision to CAP Regulation 62-1 CIVIL AIR PATROL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PROCEDURES.

Way too many changes to highlight them all.

-SAFETY EDUCATION
-ORM
-SAFETY VESTS
-CORPORATE OFFICER/COMMANDER REQUIREMENTS/SUGGESTIONS
-ACTIVITIES

The List goes on.

EDIT:  Added link below:

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R062_001_4559767AA4FD1.pdf
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: caphornbuckle on December 10, 2010, 06:01:03 AM
This will be a complete revision to CAP Regulation 62-1 CIVIL AIR PATROL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PROCEDURES.

-
-SAFETY VESTS
-
Compliant Safety Vests alone will cost the membership close to 1/2 million dollars of their hard earned income, just so CAP can say we are ANSI compliant.  Now IF CAP was really interested in saving members money they would set up an agreement with a firm that sells vests to get a discount --- oh I forgot we may be contractually stuck with Vanguard >:(
RM 

DakRadz

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on December 13, 2010, 01:40:21 AM
Quote from: caphornbuckle on December 10, 2010, 06:01:03 AM

-
-SAFETY VESTS
-
Compliant Safety Vests alone will cost the membership close to 1/2 million dollars of their hard earned income, just so CAP can say we are ANSI compliant.  Now IF CAP was really interested in saving members money they would set up an agreement with a firm that sells vests to get a discount --- oh I forgot we may be contractually stuck with Vanguard >:(
RM
Wal-Mart sells rather nice ANSI2 vests for $7.

Wal-Mart is Blok, but I'd still buy their vests for that price.

EMT-83

High visibility vest can be found on-line from a variety of sources. We found some ANSI vests on sale and bought a boat-load for the squadron. Between parking details, flight line duties and ES, they get used.

Sorry, but I can't agree that they're a bad idea.

a2capt

CAWG recently did a subsidized buy for the whole wing. Cost to the member was $10.. and wow, they are definitely reflective.