Minimum time to Level 5?

Started by Eclipse, December 06, 2010, 05:40:10 AM

DakRadz

Quote from: Flight Officer on December 07, 2010, 02:00:27 AM
I agree with some previous posts. Some squadrons I have visited do not emphasize PD. In my squadron, PD is emphasized to the full extent.

I became a member of CAP in early 2009. I will have my level 3 completed in February 2010. My Level 4 will be completed in September of 2011 by which time I will be a First Lieutenant. Am I rushing things, no not in my opinion. I do make it a goal to achieve Level 5.
Now would be a good time for me to ask, "What about Flight Officers?"

Serious question, actually. I don't know how successful my cadet career is going to be at this point... Especially with the whole "Active Duty enlistment" thoughts running through my head.

EMT-83

OK, what about Flight Officers?

exFlight Officer

Quote from: DakRadz on December 07, 2010, 02:22:19 AM
I agree with some previous posts. Some squadrons I have visited do not emphasize PD. In my squadron, PD is emphasized to the full extent.

I became a member of CAP in early 2009. I will have my level 3 completed in February 2010. My Level 4 will be completed in September of 2011 by which time I will be a First Lieutenant. Am I rushing things, no not in my opinion. I do make it a goal to achieve Level 5.

Serious question, actually. I don't know how successful my cadet career is going to be at this point... Especially with the whole "Active Duty enlistment" thoughts running through my head.

You have caught my curiosity. What about Flight Officers ?

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Flight Officer on December 07, 2010, 04:32:57 PM

What about them?  I didn't even think they were real members.  >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

exFlight Officer

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 07, 2010, 09:23:57 PM

What about them?  I didn't even think they were real members.  >:D

We are only Super Cadets  >:D   8)

Spaceman3750

Well, many uninformed senior members will think you're a cadet, some funny-graded lieutenant, or an airman in the Canadian Air Force. Other than that, you will have the same responsibilities as any other senior member and as a whole the experience isn't much different.

DakRadz

I was wondering at what level they could advance- never mind me, sirs. I have found the Holy Grail and have been studying it for some time now. (AKA CAPR 50-17).

Answered my questions pretty quick.

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on December 07, 2010, 10:35:20 PM
Well, many uninformed senior members will think you're a cadet, some funny-graded lieutenant, or an airman in the Canadian Air Force. Other than that, you will have the same responsibilities as any other senior member and as a whole the experience isn't much different.
Heh, if I do go SM it'll be with a few AD ribbons- which might stop 25% of the remarks, though none of the confusion I'm sure.

exFlight Officer

I agree with Spaceman3750. The experience as a Senior Member is pretty much the same.

I do have my fair share of stories about my grade. A few Senior Members have called me a cadet, several times, and I respectfuly corrected them. A cadet at the last Encampment I attended asked me, "Sir, what is that line down the middle of your Lieutenant rank?" I informed him that I was a TFO. It astounds me that 98% of the members I have met do not know what a Flight Officer is, eventhough the rank is in the CAP Folder that new members recieve. << This is all a seperate topic.

I became a Flight Officer in early 2009 when I joined CAP because I had already turned 18 and was informed that I could not become a cadet. I found that I could advance my Professional Development (up to Level 4 since I am not a Major yet) before I turn 21, had more responsiblity, and be able to be put in a staff position (as a SM) in the squadron.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Flight Officer on December 07, 2010, 10:47:49 PM

I agree with Spaceman3750. The experience as a Senior Member is pretty much the same.

I do have my fair share of stories about my grade. A few Senior Members have called me a cadet, several times, and I respectfuly corrected them. A cadet at the last Encampment I attended asked me, "Sir, what is that line down the middle of your Lieutenant rank?" I informed him that I was a TFO. It astounds me that 98% of the members I have met do not know what a Flight Officer is, eventhough the rank is in the CAP Folder that new members recieve. << This is all a seperate topic.

I became a Flight Officer in early 2009 when I joined CAP because I had already turned 18 and was informed that I could not become a cadet. I found that I could advance my Professional Development (up to Level 4 since I am not a Major yet) before I turn 21, had more responsiblity, and be able to be put in a staff position (as a SM) in the squadron.

Heh. Good luck getting to Level 4 as a flight officer... I don't know what specialty track you're in, but mine requires the better part of a decade and a wing-level assignment to master.

IceNine

^ Over achiever  ;)

Realistically...
A member can walk in the door with everything through NSC.

Then its a matter of 2-3 Years to master for most ratings.

3 Years command and staff Service

During that time you could easily complete all of the requirements that are not dependent on time.

So fast tracked 3 years.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

SARDOC

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on December 07, 2010, 10:50:19 PM
Heh. Good luck getting to Level 4 as a flight officer... I don't know what specialty track you're in, but mine requires the better part of a decade to master and a wing-level assignment (ES).

What Specialty Track are you in that requires a Wing Level Assignment???

Spaceman3750

Quote from: SARDOC on December 07, 2010, 11:28:34 PM
Heh. Good luck getting to Level 4 as a flight officer... I don't know what specialty track you're in, but mine requires the better part of a decade to master and a wing-level assignment (ES).

ES. The master level requires it.

Quote from: CAPP213Continuously serve as an ESO or an assistant at the wing or region level for at least 3 additional years after completing the ESO Senior Rating level

EDIT: In retrospect, I worded my last post poorly. I'll rephrase it.

Bluelakes 13

AE has only 4 months resident in each level.  But you have to be an active AEO to complete.  I did it in 18 months.

I completed Level 4 while a 1st Lt.  Would have completed Level 5 if not for NSC.  I like Al's idea of having Region staff experience as a waiver to NSC.   >:D

ol'fido

One of these days I need to break down and do ACSC. Don't really have time to go to NSC and that's all I lack for Level V.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

jeders

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on December 07, 2010, 11:32:56 PM
Quote from: SARDOC on December 07, 2010, 11:28:34 PM

ES. The master level requires it.

Quote from: CAPP213Continuously serve as an ESO or an assistant at the wing or region level for at least 3 additional years after completing the ESO Senior Rating level

EDIT: In retrospect, I worded my last post poorly. I'll rephrase it.

That's why you do two specialty tracks, ES for what you want, and Admin for promotion.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse