Good GLPs

Started by GTCommando, September 08, 2010, 03:25:23 AM

GTCommando

Anybody know of some good GLPs that your squadrons use? I'm looking for something to liven up weekly meetings. Also, Has anyone got the actual instructions for a GLP called Global Domination? They used it at OH wing's 2009 Summer Encampment (Alpha Assassins!). I'll take anything though.
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Pathfinder Composite squadron
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

JC004

Oh I used to have a packet.  I don't know if it exists anymore.  My effort to collect and consolidate all of my data from old external drives continues.  Much of that was CAP because I had MANY CAP files - gigabytes.  I had built prototype web apps for the wing that never got used and those were thooousands of files, so that, in addition to alllllll my tons of other resources are everywhere.  My public affairs courses that I developed were about a gigabyte alone - probably about 1,500 printed pages and lots of graphics, templates, etc.  Then there were the ES courses...

If I find them, I will post them, but as I say - thousands.

GTCommando

Understood. I think I've got the biggest stack of paperwork of any NCO in OH Wing. Being Cadet Commander isn't always easy, but heck, I love my people, I love my job.  :D
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Earhart #15889

"For the partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers." -- Socrates

jimmydeanno

Every squadron was sent a few books about a year and a half ago that included activities like this.  You might want to check with your squadron leadership to see where they went.

I can't seem to find it online though.

Good Luck.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

GTCommando

Thanks, I didn't think of that. I'll ask my CPO next week.
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Earhart #15889

Offutteer

Quote from: jimmydeanno on September 08, 2010, 03:33:43 PM
Every squadron was sent a few books about a year and a half ago that included activities like this.  You might want to check with your squadron leadership to see where they went.

I can't seem to find it online though.

Good Luck.

NHQ just sent out another copy of Learn to Lead Activity Guide along with the new L2L modules and Drill Guide.  It's also available online in the L2L section of the library or simply: Activity Guide.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Offutteer on September 08, 2010, 07:17:31 PM
NHQ just sent out another copy of Learn to Lead Activity Guide along with the new L2L modules and Drill Guide.  It's also available online in the L2L section of the library or simply: Activity Guide.

Good find.  Thanks.

There was also another activity book that was mailed out, besides the L2L Activity Guide.  It was about 100 pages or so.  I'll have to see if I can find our squadron copy around somewhere.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

lordmonar

Okay...call me stupid...but what are GLPs? :o
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

jimmydeanno

Quote from: lordmonar on September 08, 2010, 10:45:59 PM

I'm assuming it means, "Group Leadership Project."  The same as a TLP...I could be wrong though and we've steered him in a completely wrong direction.  ;D

FlyTiger77

Quote from: lordmonar on September 08, 2010, 10:45:59 PM

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I was clueless, too.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

GTCommando

Quote from: jimmydeanno on September 08, 2010, 10:54:32 PMI'm assuming it means, "Group Leadership Project." 

GLP stands for Group Leadership Problem, least that's what they told me. At least you were close.  :clap:
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Earhart #15889

MIKE

Someone did not read my sticky at the top of this very section.
Mike Johnston

GTCommando

Quote from: MIKE on September 09, 2010, 03:12:29 AM

So, was I wrong about the acronym or what?  ??? I read through the sticky (And the draft regs) and I'm not sure what you're talking about.
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Earhart #15889

ßτε

Quote from: GTCommando on September 10, 2010, 09:48:01 PM
Quote from: MIKE on September 09, 2010, 03:12:29 AM

So, was I wrong about the acronym or what?  ??? I read through the sticky (And the draft regs) and I'm not sure what you're talking about.
I think what he meant is that when you use nonstandard terminology, like GLP, that you also state what it stands for.

GTCommando

Roger that. I thought GLP was standard terminology. I guess not. I'll know better next time.  ::)
C/Maj, CAP                 
Alpha Flight Commander                     
Earhart #15889

Michael Sidman

First, I found this URL completely by accident, so forgive me for showing up so late with a reply.  Let me introduce myself - I am Maj. Michael Sidman, and I am the author of the Global Leadership Program that has been used in OHWG, INWG, and recently in ILWG.  As a Senior Officer, I have been really pleased with how popular this has been received by Cadets.  I am still moderating these inside OHWG, and developing new GLPs.

I'm trying to work out a method to deliver this activity with a certain amount of document control, but this has been widely asked for in the wing, outside of the wing, and outside of the region.

I am open to any comments (positive or constructive) to help shape the GLP's future.

My email address is michael.sidman@ohwg.cap.gov.

Thanks!

Maj. Sidman