Flight Officer TIG tracking

Started by Майор Хаткевич, August 20, 2010, 09:22:40 PM

ßτε

It's "Single or married and under 18."

Single 18-year-old can join as a cadet or a senior.
Married 18-year-old cannot join as a cadet and must join as a senior.
Under 18, married or single, join as a cadet and not a senior
19 or older, married or single, cannot join as a cadet and must join as a senior.
Active duty military of any age cannot join as a cadet and must join as a senior.

RiverAux

Boy, add in the exceptions that allow those under the age of 12 to join and the requirements splitting hairs between those who are National Guard/Reservist (but who are not on extended active duty) vs active duty military and the craziness of our cadet membership requirements would be well-illustrated. 

RogueLeader

Quote from: Short Field on August 21, 2010, 01:04:31 AM
CAPF 45 and CAPF 45B.  By definition, all assigned positions are leadership positions, at least that is the section you enter duty assignments in on the Fm 45.  Showing up for meetings and then just strolling around giving cadets spot inspections is not a leadership position.

CAPF 45b is obsolete and has been incorporated into the CAPF 45.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

a2capt

I still don't get it. Are you 21 or not? If you're 21, your a SM. There's no "6 months of TFO, or any FO". There is six months before you are eligible for 2nd Lt. if you joined from scratch. You've already got cadet progress. When you get forced out of cadethood, that happens at 21, you have your 2A lined up to apply for that senior member rank you are converting to. That shouldn't take a six month wait.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: a2capt on August 31, 2010, 12:13:17 AM
I still don't get it. Are you 21 or not? If you're 21, your a SM. There's no "6 months of TFO, or any FO". There is six months before you are eligible for 2nd Lt. if you joined from scratch. You've already got cadet progress. When you get forced out of cadethood, that happens at 21, you have your 2A lined up to apply for that senior member rank you are converting to. That shouldn't take a six month wait.

I'll be 21 on 15 Feb 11.  I was wondering how the FO ranks are tracked, and that answered.

Short Field

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 30, 2010, 10:24:02 PM
CAPF 45b is obsolete and has been incorporated into the CAPF 45.
And everyone who has a CAPF 45 and CAPF 45B can continue to use them. 

Quote from: CAPR 39-2, 16June 2004 includes Change 3, 1 Oct 2009. para 1-7Previous editions of CAPF 45 may also continue to be used. Do not transcribe information from the older CAPFs 45/45a just for the sake of updating the newer CAPF 45. CAPF 45b will be used to record member's participation in the modified senior member training program that was implemented 1 September 1983.
Granted, there should not be a lot of new 45bs being prepared but we still have a big stack of the old pink cardstock CAPF 45s.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

spacecommand

Quote from: bte on August 21, 2010, 01:16:58 PM

Except CAPR 35-3, SECTION A - CADETS
3. Causes To Terminate Cadet Membership:
(2) Marriage.

So a someone who is under 18 and married can join CAP only to get terminated doesn't make much sense doesn't it when the regulations say cadets who are married can join as a cadet.

HGjunkie

Quote from: spacecommand on September 02, 2010, 07:39:18 PM

(2) Marriage.

So a someone who is under 18 and married can join CAP only to get terminated doesn't make much sense doesn't it?
One of them gray areas that turns into a paradox.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

ßτε

Quote from: spacecommand on September 02, 2010, 07:39:18 PM

(2) Marriage.

So a someone who is under 18 and married can join CAP only to get terminated doesn't make much sense doesn't it when the regulations say cadets who are married can join as a cadet.
You must be reading an older version.

Quote3. Causes To Terminate Cadet Membership:
a. Automatic Loss of Membership:
(2) Marriage after the age of 18.

spacecommand

RogueLeader

Quote from: bte on September 02, 2010, 09:33:34 PM
You must be reading an older version.

Quote3. Causes To Terminate Cadet Membership:
a. Automatic Loss of Membership:
(2) Marriage after the age of 18.

Does that mean if they get married before 18, can they stay a cadet until they are 21? Or only if they get married after 18?

but this has little to do with FO tracking.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jimmydeanno

Quote from: RogueLeader on September 09, 2010, 08:29:29 PM
Does that mean if they get married before 18, can they stay a cadet until they are 21? Or only if they get married after 18?

My understanding is that if they are 17 and married, they can remain a cadet until they turn 18.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

ßτε

Cadets married before age 18 stay cadets until they turn 18, at which time they either convert to Senior Member or are terminated.

Cadets who marry after age 18 either convert to Senior Member or are terminated.

a2capt

Is there a point when a Cadet is forced into the FO grades but not eligible for SM (Age 21) and it's not because of marriage or AD service?

Forced, as in you can not remain a cadet any longer. Not because they're not going to get the Mitchell Award and just decided to swap early and start counting FO TIG toward SM promotions?

spacecommand

You don't have to be 21 to be a SM.  Someone who is 18-21 and not a Cadet is a SM.  They are only ineligible for promotion into 2d Lt or higher.  They can be promoted to a FO, TFO, SFO from SM between 18-21. 

DakRadz

In one of the (three?) threads Mr. USAFaux started, someone posted a quote concerning FO grades.
Quote from: a2capt on September 09, 2010, 09:43:21 PM
Is there a point when a Cadet is forced into the FO grades but not eligible for SM (Age 21) and it's not because of marriage or AD service?
The quote/reg stated that FO grades would be reserved for those in a position of responsibility? or something along those lines.
I will find the quote and edit this post to include it.

Basically, I don't think you can be "forced" into FO grades- SM, yes.

a2capt

Thats what I thought - SM is an absolute, but FO isn't if you are a cadet already. The OP was asking about TIG and in the midst of it came something that implied like he was automatically converted, perhaps it was voluntarily requested to transition to the FO ranks, but the thread started with
Quote from: USAFaux2004 on August 20, 2010, 09:22:40 PMFirst, I was just notified by my Squadron Commander that I've officially crossed to the SM side on the 17th.
... and I interpreted that to mean "I've been bumped" and thought the 21 threshold had been crossed, and figured that would be "SM" not "FO" unless the Cadet asked to transit to FO instead of waiting out the time to go SM.

DakRadz

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on July 30, 2010, 02:33:04 PM
I received a call from my unit commander and he let me know that due to some ongoing discussion regarding true force representation, I may at some point be bumped to 000 or Patron status.
This is from his other thread, and since they both (while he started them for other reasons) ended up in the same direction, I was confusing the two conversations.
He went SM simply to start stocking up on SM training and such because he wasn't going to be active as a cadet anyway, and his 21 year boot is in a few months or so. (Plus the force representation dealio)

Clarity achieved :D

spacecommand

Yeah if anyone was watching the NB meetings, there was a big debate on whether or not to bump inactive members to the 000 or 996 (patron status) some were leaning for 000 status, many others were in agreement with the 996 status (as you can keep last grade etc), in the end, it was sent to committee, at the time being 996 as a patron has provisions to keep your prior rank etc written into it.

Майор Хаткевич

All this confusion over the first OP sentence...

I was informed on the 20th that I rolled over on the 17th, mainly because he's awesome and was staying on top of it to make sure my PD stuff gets credited. :)