Two different ES patches

Started by vorter, July 24, 2010, 06:29:58 AM

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on July 25, 2010, 09:01:57 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on July 25, 2010, 08:10:24 PM
The ES patch was one of the first "ratings" tracked in eServices, and that's been for at least two years. There's no date listed on my approval, and I'm not sure if I have any olde paper records available to track when mine was approved.

They only started tracking badges and patches a few months ago - not sure what you were seeing, but the ES patch was never tracked before then on eServices.

Screenshot if you got it...

Did you not read my post?

I just looked at my Member Search Report, and the date in there is 1 Aug 2001, but I know the e-version doesn't go that far back. I do recall that when my CC got the notification after my initial entry, she asked, "What's this?", and I told her that it was a new feature. This had to be at least 18 months ago, based on other events in the unit. It was the only ES raring in the system like that for quite a while.

I'm still digging through my paper trail, but might not have anything on that.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

And I can tell you they were not tracking badges and patches in eServices in 2001 - was eServices even online then?

You can back date the badge as much as you want in the current module.

"That Others May Zoom"

DakRadz

Eclipse- SarDragon said he knew the e-version (i.e. eServices) didn't date back that far...

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on July 26, 2010, 02:15:51 AM
And I can tell you they were not tracking badges and patches in eServices in 2001 - was eServices even online then?

I said that. And it should have been obvious from my post that it was backdated.

The entry format has changed a couple of times since the ES patch tracking started, and it wasn't an obvious selection. Most people didn't even know it was there, as apparently you didn't. Why not just accept that it was there before you noticed it, and let it go? It's not worth continuing the urination competition.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

vorter

I can see we're getting down and technical after I asked a simple question. Lol
C/2nd Lt Hyeung

arajca

vorter

C/2nd Lt Hyeung

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: Eclipse on July 26, 2010, 02:15:51 AM

It was called eBusiness back then, or @business, the first character was tough to read on my WebTV connection, then later, crappy monitor.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

billford1

Quote from: vorter on July 24, 2010, 06:29:58 AM
So i want to get a ES patch for my uniform (I am qualified) but i found these 2 different patches

and

What is the difference between the two and which should i put on my BDU's???
There's no difference between them. They're both too big and don't compliment the uniform like someone else said. My suggestion is wear your Squadron patch on the right pocket and the and your GT Badge. That should look better.