what hat to wear?

Started by miles, June 15, 2010, 11:00:19 PM

Patterson

Quote from: DakRadz on July 20, 2010, 01:35:43 AM
Quote from: ol'fido on July 15, 2010, 03:04:40 AM
Simple answer...Buy a BDU cover...It works for everyone.  ;D ;D

I second this- they only cost $6.95 from thehock.com

The shipping is free, many activities require you to at least arrive in a BDU cover, and there can be no argument that you are out of uniform because of wearing the BDU cover (use common sense with that statement)

Ya...no.  Sorry.....I could never support that stance.  Members are getting screwed if their Wing has a "hat policy", if they attend activities outside the Wing that require the BDU Cover.  That's not right to have to buy the BDU Cover for a specific activity.  Simplest thing to do....eliminate all hats but the BDU Cover. 

ol'fido

Does your wing have a "hat" policy(whatever :-\) that doesn't allow you to wear the BDU hat?
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

davidsinn

If my wing had a policy that I had to wear a hat other than the BDU hat I would straight up disobey it and take my case to region and national if need be.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Major Lord

As far as I know, there is no such thing as a CAP "Hat" , perhaps in the secret part of the regulations.... We have ( appropriately enough) "Caps" (Service, BDU, Flight, etc.) and Berets ( for those people who love the French and the Girl Scouts) but no "hats"! If we had a hat, I vote for one with Mouse Ears, and embroidered names. Also, we don't have "covers" Only "headgear". If you wanted to be a Marine, your parents should not have gotten married.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

BillB

Major Lord

When will Vanguard stock the hat with ears? and is the embroidered name on blue background?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

TCMajor

Most mouse ear hats are navy blue, so you would need the navy blue backround.  Of course, as with the BBDU Cap, I would think you could wear hard grade insignia.   :o
Major Kevin N. Harbison, CAP
Major, USA (RET)
Commander
Greater Nashua Composite Squadron

Major Lord

I think we would want a distinctive color, to make sure that no one mistakes us for White House Staffers.....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

TCMajor

Major Kevin N. Harbison, CAP
Major, USA (RET)
Commander
Greater Nashua Composite Squadron

CAP Marine

I am laughing too hard to take offense to the comment about the parents Majorlord. Hilarious!