HELP building a ribbon rack and saving it.

Started by Dad2-4, June 02, 2010, 05:20:09 AM

Dad2-4

>:( >:( I'm trying to build and save an updated USAF/CAP ribbon rack image. I've tried a bunch of different sites, but either they don't have all the ribbons, don't have CAP, or I can't save the image. I know there's one out there but why can't I find it?
Please help.

Capt_Redfox30

Thought this site is one you can order ribbons, this site has a listing of all Active Services of the US Military along with other organizations. 

https://www.ultrathin.com/orderform.htm
Kirk Thirtyacre, Lt Col, CAP
(Acting) Group Commander
Group 3 HQ

Eclipse

Most of them will generate the rack but its a bunch of separate images that you then have to do a screen shot of and edit.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Find the one that will give you the rack like you want it, then hit the PrintScreen on your computer. Now open whatever program you use to edit images, open a new file, and paste (Control-V) the image in. Crop to a better size, and there you go.

A good free image editor is Paint Shop Pro 4.12. It's olde, but not crippled after the 30 day trial period (the final version with that feature).

Available here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Dad2-4

Well that'll do for now. Thanks for the suggestions.

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

MIKE

If you have Vista, you can use the Snipping Tool under Accessories rather than Print Screen.  Don't know if Win7 has it though.
Mike Johnston

a2capt

If you use Mac OS X, do Command-Shift-4, place your cursor near a corner, click, drag-rectangle to the other corner, release and an image is saved on your desktop. Rename it and upload it.

vmstan

Quote from: MIKE on June 02, 2010, 02:49:31 PM
If you have Vista, you can use the Snipping Tool under Accessories rather than Print Screen.  Don't know if Win7 has it though.

It does.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4