Is anyone going to the Wisconsin Wing Encampment?

Started by Raja1020, May 24, 2010, 02:04:28 AM

Raja1020

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Cadet Shawn Bhatti on May 24, 2010, 06:36:55 PM
Im sorry!

No problem, you're new, you make mistakes, you learn. We all have been there.

Krapenhoeffer

Okay, here goes.

I am too from the mystical, magical world of Wisconsin. Allow me to impart my strange wisdom upon you:

1. Expect an O-ride, possibly in a military aircraft. We're back at Volk Field CRTC this year, so who knows what Lt. Col. Trossen is cooking up.

2. In previous years, Encampment was held at Camp Ripley in Minnesota. And they had tank simulators. Don't know if we'll have those this year, but I hope that they can dig up some simulators from the 115th FW. Not to mention, the purpose of Volk Field is to train ANG personnel prior to deployment, so they have plenty of fun things on base.

3. From where I sit, the purpose of the Cadet Encampment is to create camaraderie among the entire Wing, and to inspire confidence in Cadets.

4. Remember, untold generations of cadets have survived the WIWG encampment, only to sign up for the next year at their first chance.

5. Oh, and remember your haircut. If your hair isn't within 39-1 standards, you will be sent home. From personal experience, I recommend a high and tight for encampment, as it's one less thing to have to worry about.

6. Read up on your chain of command all the way to Maj. Gen. Courter. Remember that the Wisconsin Wing Commander just changed. Read up on the 52 series regulations, specifically CAPR 52-16. You can find that here: http://capmembers.com/forms_publications__regulations/indexes_regulations_and_manuals.cfm

7. Have fun. If you aren't having fun, you're doing it wrong.
Proud founding member of the Fellowship of the Vuvuzela.
"And now we just take our Classical Mechanics equations, take the derivative, run it through the uncertainty principal, and take the anti-derivative of the resulting mess. Behold! Quantum Wave Equations! Clear as mud cadets?"
"No... You just broke math law, and who said anything about the anti-derivative? You can obtain the Schrödinger wave equations algebraically!" The funniest part was watching the cadets staring at the epic resulting math fight.

Eclipse

Quote from: Krapenhoeffer on June 06, 2010, 06:10:18 AM5. Oh, and remember your haircut. If your hair isn't within 39-1 standards, you will be sent home. From personal experience, I recommend a high and tight for encampment, as it's one less thing to have to worry about.

Don't get a hockey puck on your head unless you want to look ridiculous.  Just make sure your hair is in regs.

"That Others May Zoom"

Krapenhoeffer

The problem with hair and cadets is the subjective opinion of parents regarding hair. They always err on the side of too long, in my experience.

Besides, July is right after encampment, and that is the crazy time for WIWG. First, there is Operation Patriot, a week off, than AirVenture.

Contrary to the opinions of most Blue Berries I've met, WIWG is in charge of all CAP personnel during AirVenture, and WIWG personnel man all the airports, with the exception of Whitman Field, which is manned by Beret. I know of few cadets with GES who don't jump on the "Precautionary SAR."
Proud founding member of the Fellowship of the Vuvuzela.
"And now we just take our Classical Mechanics equations, take the derivative, run it through the uncertainty principal, and take the anti-derivative of the resulting mess. Behold! Quantum Wave Equations! Clear as mud cadets?"
"No... You just broke math law, and who said anything about the anti-derivative? You can obtain the Schrödinger wave equations algebraically!" The funniest part was watching the cadets staring at the epic resulting math fight.