Main Menu

New Password

Started by Cecil DP, March 15, 2010, 02:13:12 AM

Cecil DP

I received a messsage when logging into E-Services that my passowrd had expired. The new password didn't work and neither does the automaticlly generated password generated by NATHQ. This is also happening to another member of my squadron. Is anyone else having this problem??
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

vmstan

I've been browsing around there this evening without any problem.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

a2capt

"The new password didn't work"?

What new password?

You're presented with that, and you need to enter your current one, and a choice of a new one, twice.

(or maybe it's enter a new one only, twice, when prompted)

But in any case, you are not given anything new, you have to specify what it is.

Cecil DP

I put in the old one, than the new one 2x. When it didn't work as in Don't know your password, National generates a new one. Which also doesn't work.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

a2capt

Food for thought, I have found this to work more often and keep people out of trouble in my unit:

When presented with the "Your Password has expired" stuff, change it right then as it wants, and then go right back to the password prompt and again change it. Probably back to what it was originally, just change it.

That way seems to never result in this password cat and mouse game. I have never had that "generate me a new password" function ever work.  I've always had to have whomever call the NHQ membership folks and sort it out. It seems they can push a button and get a password.

Did you try the original password, and did you try reversing your caps lock to see if it was entered dIFFERENTLy?

bosshawk

I tried mine tonight and it worked fine.  I have had eServices notify me that my password had expired: always changed it with no resulting problems.  I think that they want passwords changed about every six months, just like the military does.

Hope that you have it straightened out.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Cecil DP

Got it fixed, Thanks for the advice! ;D
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

bosshawk

Good!!! And to think that it got done without a bunch of back-biting and sniping and changing the subject: a new concept for CAPtalk.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Spike

Quote from: bosshawk on March 15, 2010, 05:04:32 PM
Good!!! And to think that it got done without a bunch of back-biting and sniping and changing the subject: a new concept for CAPtalk.

Yeah.....changing passwords in E-Services is like those new uniform rules brought up at the board meeting.

By the way, I want tan boots now...anyone else?   >:D >:D >:D >:D

vmstan

Quote from: bosshawk on March 15, 2010, 05:04:32 PM

Don't get too ahead of yourself, the thread isn't done yet.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret