Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2017, 11:08:30 PM
Home Help Login Register

CAP Talk  |  Recent Posts
CAP Talk  |  Recent Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

 on: Today at 03:21:38 PM 
Started by Eclipse - Last post by Spaceman3750
I know at one time the word was an F12 sent in on 2 sheets of paper (vs. duplexed) would get bounced back, is that
still the case?

No. I send mine in on 2 sheets without issues.

Make sure they write "none" if they have no arrests/charges or it will generate additional emails.

 on: Today at 03:13:41 PM 
Started by Eclipse - Last post by Eclipse
I know at one time the word was an F12 sent in on 2 sheets of paper (vs. duplexed) would get bounced back, is that
still the case?

 on: Today at 03:05:54 PM 
Started by taylor914 - Last post by Spaceman3750
I've rocked the orange one for years, which I thought was discontinued a long time ago. Not ANSI 2, which hasn't been an issue for me but may be for you depending on the local personalities. I recommend getting the hydration carrier. I like mine but you may find that you can't fit all of what you want or need in there - I can't fit rain gear and I can't carry a tarp, for example. It also doesn't travel well, in that it tends to get tangled up on itself on the floors of vans or closets.

Edit: just noticed that this is the urban version. I have the "woodland" version, which is a little different, but substantially similar. Mine doesn't have zippered main pockets, it has flaps with snaps over the main pockets.

 on: Today at 03:00:57 PM 
Started by MSG Mac - Last post by dogden
I will be there but it is only a 3 hour drive from my house.  ;)

 on: Today at 02:58:24 PM 
Started by taylor914 - Last post by SarDragon
I see no mention of being ANSI 2 or ANSI 3 compliant for visibility, and it doesn't appear to be so, based on a casual look. The surface area seems a little short. I'm sure it's not ANSI 3 compliant, since there are no sleeves.

Remember, the primary purpose of the vest in this application is visibility, not as a gear tote.

 on: Today at 02:34:37 PM 
Started by vovbelle - Last post by Eclipse
For starters, adult staff are rarely required to have the entirety of the student packing list, with the
caveat that, as an adult, you have to take care of yourself, whether that means washing uniforms,
wearing an alternative, or "other".

Your best best is to contact the encampment staff, if they are actually desperate for staff, they should allow you to help in a
golf shirt, which is the standard or alternate uniform for many if not most encampment adult staff.

The blues you are already required to own (or whites) should be sufficient for an adult staffer.

With proper care and undergarments, a set of uniforms can go a long way before they start standing up
on their own.

 on: Today at 02:33:26 PM 
Started by vovbelle - Last post by goblin
Can't you just get the polo combo? They shouldn't be requiring you to be in blues or BDUs.

 on: Today at 02:17:43 PM 
Started by vovbelle - Last post by vovbelle
I am a new Senior Member...my son is a C/S AM and will be attending encampment for the first time.  They have been sending out desparate pleas for Senior Member Staff.  I am willing to go...have set aside the time in my calendar but there is no way that I can afford to buy 2 sets of BDUS, 2 sets of Class A's...and all of the other things that are required.  Our Unit Commander says that he has been trying to find a way for me to attend without spending a crazy amount of money by buying all of the things needed on the list.  I am also larger than any BDUS or Class A's that are available at our unit.  I am a willing adult volunteer.  Any ideas of who I could talk to?

 on: Today at 01:54:49 PM 
Started by taylor914 - Last post by taylor914
The orange one looks perfect for ground team and they're on sale.  Has anyone tried this?


 on: Today at 09:45:18 AM 
Started by etodd - Last post by stillamarine
what are the requirements to join Redstone? Does CAP membership qualify?

CAP Membership is ok for aero club membership.
visit the club website at www.flyingactivity.com  you will find membership documents there.  Complete the application and get it to the club house at the airfield.  Be sure to take a copy of your certified birth certificate or unexpired passport (TSA garbage). 
Once the paperwork is accepted you will be given access to the scheduling computer. and the magic decoder ring for the doors.  (The club is open to members 24/7).
You will be required to complete a battery of written tests and flight tests.
FAR's and Local Procedures.
Instrument (If IFR privileges are wanted)
Each make and model of aircraft you intend to fly. (C-152, C-172, C-182, C-182RG, Arrow)
An initial flight check in each make and model you want to fly. 
Annually thereafter you will be required to take all the written tests for the privileges you want, but the annual flight check will be in the most complex airplane you intend to fly.  (they are discussing separate checkrides for the Arrow and the 182RG.  A 182RG check will cover all the Cessnas, but another checkride will be needed for the Arrows).
There is a requirement for quarterly safety briefings.  however, these are taped so even if a member does not make it in person they can still get credit.  Generally these are in the last month of each quarter.  Once the meeting is completed all members not in attendance are grounded until they vie the tape.  Not a big deal.

Because of some family health issues I have had to step away from aviation for awhile, but if I can be of help, please let me know.

I don't have my PPL but it looked like it would be cheaper to do it with them minus the drive there from Kimberly. I may have to look into that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
CAP Talk  |  Recent Posts

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 15 queries.