75th Anniversary Patch

Started by vesryn, April 09, 2016, 12:54:49 AM

vesryn

https://goo.gl/Dg1OEZ

I was shopping around on Scamguard and noticed this 75th anniversary patch.

I was curious, so I did a little digging on 39-1, and couldn't find any mention of this patch.

Anyone know any details, like if this is authorized to wear or where it should be placed on the uniform?
Eaker #3363
NYWG Encampment Cadet Commander 2018
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15, '18, '19

Chappie

The 75th Anniversary Patch is simply a commemorative item and not a uniform item.  Some individuals collect patches and this would be a nice item to add to their collection -- for me, I acquired the coins :)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

lordmonar

If you hate Vanguard.....why are you contemplating giving them more of your money?

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

dwb

I admit that I did buy the WWII pilot wings. They're really nice, but even though it's authorized for a few months I'm not putting them on my uniform. I treat the wings like the 75th anniversary patch: a commemoration, not a uniform item.

vesryn

Quote from: lordmonar on April 09, 2016, 01:54:52 AM
If you hate Vanguard.....why are you contemplating giving them more of your money?

It's expensive, but I haven't found anything better.
Eaker #3363

PHall

Only if you're talking about CAP insignia. Uniform items can be found elsewhere at much lower cost and usually are better quality too!

Storm Chaser

Quality and price continues to be an issue with Vanguard. The other day I bought a Vanguard-brand mounting bar for miniature medals from AAFES and not only did they cost more than the other brand of mounting bars, the spacing was off (too close) and each row of medals were covering the all the ribbons (they're supposed to show some fabric). I got a mounting bar from a different manufacturer and the spacing between the row of medals was much better. And again, I bought this in an Air Force base.

vorteks

Quote from: PHall on April 09, 2016, 05:50:38 PM
Only if you're talking about CAP insignia. Uniform items can be found elsewhere at much lower cost and usually are better quality too!

Would love to know where I can get a better deal on the golf shirt.

vesryn

Quote from: Storm Chaser on April 09, 2016, 08:07:31 PM
Quality and price continues to be an issue with Vanguard. The other day I bought a Vanguard-brand mounting bar for miniature medals from AAFES and not only did they cost more than the other brand of mounting bars, the spacing was off (too close) and each row of medals were covering the all the ribbons (they're supposed to show some fabric). I got a mounting bar from a different manufacturer and the spacing between the row of medals was much better. And again, I bought this in an Air Force base.

I live on an Army base with a small Air Force presence, and I never buy the Vanguard racks, I stick with the cheap metal ones, which in my experience work a lot better.
Eaker #3363

lordmonar

Mini medal racks some in two spacing options. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Spaceman3750

Quote from: varitec on April 09, 2016, 09:22:27 PM

It's probably not cheaper, but a dark blue 5.11 polo taken to your local embroidery shop will probably be a lot higher quality.

Fubar

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 09, 2016, 09:48:34 PM

It's probably not cheaper, but a dark blue 5.11 polo taken to your local embroidery shop will probably be a lot higher quality.

Someone did that here quite some time ago. The logo used was slightly off. Does anyone have a suggestion where the right kind of file can be found to give to an embroidery shop to make sure the logo is correct?

stillamarine

Quote from: Fubar on April 10, 2016, 01:15:48 AM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 09, 2016, 09:48:34 PM

Someone did that here quite some time ago. The logo used was slightly off. Does anyone have a suggestion where the right kind of file can be found to give to an embroidery shop to make sure the logo is correct?

It needs to be a .pes file. A good shop can take a .png and convert it.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com