Will Military Surplus store have CAP items?

Started by Bryce7454, July 09, 2015, 07:42:52 PM

Bryce7454

Does anyone know if military surplus stores carry specific CAP devices. Like the device that goes on the blues cap.

almostspaatz

C/Maj Steve Garrett

TheSkyHornet

I've only seen CAP items online, never in the stores. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen any CAP-specific insignia at a gun/military trade show. Some tailors that specifically do military uniforms might have some items for purchase, but they probably won't have a whole lot other than common sew-on items.

jeders

You never know, but odds are they won't.

At my local army surplus store I've snagged CAP cadet officer insignia, senior observer wings, CAP tapes (all used cloth), and one or two metal badges in the miscellaneous bin. My favorite thing to do is to go diving through the box of old patches/cloth insignia that they have.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Shawn W.

If you havn't already, check in with your Logistics/Supply Officer. I know that not all Squadrons have uniform items on hand but it doesnt hurt to ask. If they dont, check to see if maybe your Squadron is putting any orders in with Vanguard, you might be able to pay your squadron for the item and save on the shipping. I do this quite a bit with the members in my squadron.  I will usually inform the members of my Squadron when an order to VG is going out so they get the items they need if I dont have them on hand.

Good Luck

TarRiverRat

At one time Bills Army Surplus in Raleigh, NC had CAP Wings and I believe other insignia.  They also will give discounts to CAP members if they show their membership card.  I have seen Civil Air Patrol tapes at the Surplus store near Carolina Beach in NC.  Can't remember the name of the store at this time.  The tapes were surplus from a movie that was filmed in Wilmington concerning 2 CAP Cadets in a love triangle and a girl was murdered by the female cadet out of jealousy.  Was a true story from I believe one of the squadrons out west.  I had bought some of the tapes and they were correct for our uniform.
Tar River Composite Squadron "River Rats" NC-057