Main Menu

Wing patch

Started by AL087, August 07, 2011, 07:53:25 AM

AL087

Please forgive my ignorance as I have not been active in CAP for a few years..  I was going back through the uniform manual trying to get my uniforms all up to date, and I just want to confirm that we no longer wear wing patches on the light blue shirts or the BDUs?   If that is correct is there any uniform that still wears them?

Grumpy

We no longer wear them on our blue AF style uniforms.

CAPR 39-1, Table 6-4, item 21....(not a verbatim quote) states that the wing patch is worn centered 1/2 inch below shoulder seam on left sleeve of field uniform shirts and BDU or dark blue field jacket.  On right sleeve of flight suits, utility uniform and flight jacket.

That's it in a nut shell. 

davidsinn

Quote from: AL087 on August 07, 2011, 07:53:25 AM
Please forgive my ignorance as I have not been active in CAP for a few years..  I was going back through the uniform manual trying to get my uniforms all up to date, and I just want to confirm that we no longer wear wing patches on the light blue shirts or the BDUs?   If that is correct is there any uniform that still wears them?

Check with your chain of command. Some wings mandate the wing patch on BDUs.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

wacapgh

And it's still optional on the flight uniforms. Under the regulations, I can chose one of three different patches on my right shoulder.

Might be fun to do a "NASCAR TV Interview Hat Rotation" type of thing someday  ;D