A Confirmation of Sorts

Started by Dragon 3-2, May 03, 2010, 04:37:50 PM

tdepp

Quote from: Hawk200 on May 07, 2010, 08:32:02 PM
Quote from: tdepp on May 07, 2010, 08:15:39 PMNo where did I say or imply that CAP members should not abide by the uniform regulations or any other regulations.  I'm just saying that in the grand scheme of things, it's better to perform well than look good, but that we should strive to do both.
Not the impression I got from your post. Too many people have this idea that doing a job is more important than appearance. The problem is that many don't seem to realize that appearance is part of the job. All pubs are important. You want to pick and choose what you want, go to a cafeteria.

Ok Hawk, I'll make this as clear as I can: WEAR YOUR CAP UNIFORM WITH PRIDE AND COMPLY WITH ALL REGULATIONS CONCERNING UNIFORM WEAR! 

Any questions?
Todd D. Epp, LL.M., Capt, CAP
Sioux Falls Composite Squadron Deputy Commander for Seniors
SD Wing Public Affairs Officer
Wing website: http://sdcap.us    Squadron website: http://www.siouxfallscap.com
Author of "This Day in Civil Air Patrol History" @ http://caphistory.blogspot.com

Hawk200

Quote from: tdepp on May 07, 2010, 10:00:02 PMOk Hawk, I'll make this as clear as I can: WEAR YOUR CAP UNIFORM WITH PRIDE AND COMPLY WITH ALL REGULATIONS CONCERNING UNIFORM WEAR!
I already do, and I'll make this clear to you: I expect the same attention to detail and proper uniform wear from you and anyone else in CAP.

Many people just don't want to be associated with the ash and trash of people that can't follow something other than their own uncontrolled impulses.

tdepp

Quote from: Hawk200 on May 08, 2010, 02:32:09 AM
Quote from: tdepp on May 07, 2010, 10:00:02 PMOk Hawk, I'll make this as clear as I can: WEAR YOUR CAP UNIFORM WITH PRIDE AND COMPLY WITH ALL REGULATIONS CONCERNING UNIFORM WEAR!
I already do, and I'll make this clear to you: I expect the same attention to detail and proper uniform wear from you and anyone else in CAP.

Many people just don't want to be associated with the ash and trash of people that can't follow something other than their own uncontrolled impulses.
Hawk:
So, I should be expecting a visit from you soon to make sure my uniform is correct? I have an insignia measuring tool of my own, so you can pack light.  I believe my squadron commander has this well in hand but perhaps he wouldn't mind the help.

BTW, I was at our squadron HQ at 0810 this morning (a Saturday on my day off) cleaning toilets and windows.  I hope I had the appropriate uniform on and that it was properly worn.  Otherwise, I guess I shouldn't have shown up.  I'll let you know when the next latrine cleaning mission is so you can assist with that after you inspect my uniform.  I wouldn't mind being sent home to change because my squadron patch is a 1/16th of inch off of where it should be.  I know CAP wouldn't want me sticking my hands in a crapper if my uniform was not in total and complete compliance with the regulations or your interpretation of the regulations.

Thank you for your generous offer of assistance.  In the meantime, I will be developing a set of squadron regulations on the appropriate type of toilet brush to use and how to use it while on squadron latrine duty.  Would you prefer a PDF or Word version?
Author of "This Day in Civil Air Patrol History" @ http://caphistory.blogspot.com

mynetdude

Quote from: tdepp on May 08, 2010, 07:08:48 PM
Quote from: Hawk200 on May 08, 2010, 02:32:09 AM

Hawk:
So, I should be expecting a visit from you soon to make sure my uniform is correct? I have an insignia measuring tool of my own, so you can pack light.  I believe my squadron commander has this well in hand but perhaps he wouldn't mind the help.

BTW, I was at our squadron HQ at 0810 this morning (a Saturday on my day off) cleaning toilets and windows.  I hope I had the appropriate uniform on and that it was properly worn.  Otherwise, I guess I shouldn't have shown up.  I'll let you know when the next latrine cleaning mission is so you can assist with that after you inspect my uniform.  I wouldn't mind being sent home to change because my squadron patch is a 1/16th of inch off of where it should be.  I know CAP wouldn't want me sticking my hands in a crapper if my uniform was not in total and complete compliance with the regulations or your interpretation of the regulations.

Thank you for your generous offer of assistance.  In the meantime, I will be developing a set of squadron regulations on the appropriate type of toilet brush to use and how to use it while on squadron latrine duty.  Would you prefer a PDF or Word version?

*facepalm* is it really that hard to be that acurate? I don't know, I just tell my seamstress what needs to be done and I give them the regulation that pertains to the uniform part in question and I explain to them what it says what it means and hopefully I understand it and so do they (luckily my seamstress is a retired military veteran).

heliodoc

Hey tdepp!!

Did you have on one dress shoe, one combat boot, one Class A shirt, one BDU pair of BDU pants, one white sock, one black sock, a goretx jacket over a M65 field jacket, with a BDU cover on, with a flight cap over that, one dress glove, one Nomex glove under a a pair of Gloves, Men and Women's, Leather, Light Duty  NSN 8415-01-310-7338 while you had a 39-1 in your left hand and toilet brush in your right?

How's that crapper lookin this afternoon at 1733 CST?  Are you still there watching it so it doesn't move?  Is it a beauuuuuutiful static display?

CAP...... Commode Admiration Patrol

mynetdude

Quote from: heliodoc on May 08, 2010, 10:36:15 PM
Hey tdepp!!

Did you have on one dress shoe, one combat boot, one Class A shirt, one BDU pair of BDU pants, one white sock, one black sock, a goretx jacket over a M65 field jacket, with a BDU cover on, with a flight cap over that, one dress glove, one Nomex glove under a a pair of Gloves, Men and Women's, Leather, Light Duty  NSN 8415-01-310-7338 while you had a 39-1 in your left hand and toilet brush in your right?

How's that crapper lookin this afternoon at 1733 CST?  Are you still there watching it so it doesn't move?  Is it a beauuuuuutiful static display?

Nice imagination heli,

Actually I have seen a cadet officer wear his service cap while wearing BDUs not intentionally either, but then again he was in violation of 39-1.

heliodoc

^^^

No imagination needed

Warrant Officer Class 86-09 Ft Rucker AL.........  the Wiregrass Country   buddies of mine

TAC Officer imaginations......your tax dollar at work

Be an imagination for ANY CAP encampment for fun and frivolity.......CAP Encampment CC's take note!!

heliodoc

..........only Goretex was even around then

Maybe Natick Labs had it on the radar....

heliodoc

Fat fingering after a day at the GX 55  simulator

Goretex  was NOT around during 85-86 era  at least in the US Army

SarDragon

Initial Gore-Tex patent granted in 1976; secondary patent granted 1980. The second one was most likely the one used for military outerware.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

heliodoc

^^^^^^

SAWEET!!

Never saw in my IADT or other issue 'til approx 1992

Gunner C

Quote from: heliodoc on May 09, 2010, 03:17:22 AM
Fat fingering after a day at the GX 55  simulator

Goretex  was NOT around during 85-86 era  at least in the US Army
I was issued my first Goretex Parka and pants in April (first or second week) 1984.

tdepp

Quote from: heliodoc on May 08, 2010, 10:36:15 PM
Hey tdepp!!

Helio:
Dang! Busted!  ;D