Team Leader
3 (11.1%)
Mission AirCrew
11 (40.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

mikeylikey

Quote from: Bayhawk21 on July 10, 2008, 08:56:09 PM
two words... pound cake

The orange and poppy seed cakes were delicious.

I still enjoy the "Milkshakes" or milk flavored beverages.   
What's up monkeys?

SJFedor

I've got a packet of the cocoa beverage powder i'm saving for a special occasion  ;D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

_

Quote from: mikeylikey on July 10, 2008, 09:09:10 PM
Quote from: Bayhawk21 on July 10, 2008, 08:56:09 PM
two words... pound cake

The orange and poppy seed cakes were delicious.

I still enjoy the "Milkshakes" or milk flavored beverages.   
I have one of those that I'm saving for the right moment.  I think during the second week of NESA I'll go find a nice quiet place and enjoy it in peace.  It'll be my "me time" for the week.

Nomex Maximus

I intend to make good use of the Cracker Barrel on I-65.
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

SJFedor

There's some good restaurants in town. The restaurant right in the FBO (right upstairs from the classroom) is really good.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations

flyguy06

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on July 10, 2008, 09:43:33 PM

I know a certain CapTalker.com that can get you a discount at Craker Barrell ;D

maverik

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on July 10, 2008, 04:09:19 PM
Quote from: colorguard_rifle on July 10, 2008, 02:51:26 PM
that would be interesting though a SAR school with nothing but MRE's. Wonder how many cadets would stay.

Most of them.

CAP cadets = Weird Kids. The kind of kid that actually LIKES MRE's.

I agree. But in mysquadron 95% of cadets would drop.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

maverik

Oh and I was wonderin this year what's been the eldest MRE you've had (foreign and domestic) personally it was a MRE from '97 and an IMP from'96. Good stuff.
KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

SJFedor

Quote from: flyguy06 on July 11, 2008, 12:11:55 AM
Quote from: Nomex Maximus on July 10, 2008, 09:43:33 PM

I know a certain CapTalker.com that can get you a discount at Craker Barrell ;D

Oh yeah!! I forgot! And she lives close by to me too!

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver

_

Recieved this email today:

QuoteWe have had some other cancellations in the Basic and Advanced ICS School.  This is a great opportunity for those wishing to be part of the emergency services mission management and leadership. 
Questions about the course?  Contact LtCol. Pete Norris at:  p.norris@juno.com

We still have a few openings in the Basic and Advanced Ground Search and Rescue Schools.  Our other schools are full.  Registration is open at:  https://ntc.cap.af.mil/ops/nesa/
If you have trouble with online registration, forms and information can be found at:  http://ngsar.homestead.com/home.html

I have one spot left for a senior or  cadet that would like to assist in the kitchen for one week and receive the other week of schooling without charge.  A great deal for those on a budget.

We could still use some help on staff in Logistics and Transportation.  If anyone is interested, contact me.  A CAP driver's license is needed for CAP members. 

The Ground SAR Schools could use some additional senior member STA (Student Training Advisors) which serve as TAC officers and training assistants in the field.  These should be GTM minimum qualified members with some experience and capable of being in the field.  If you are interested, contact Maj. Mike Long at:  Michael.Long@jrsmith.com

If you registered, you can check your application status online at:  https://ntc.cap.af.mil/ops/nesa/NESAApplicantStatus.cfm 
If you registered and haven't been able to get on line to check your status or have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Major Gary Brockman
Director, National Emergency Services Academy
3714 N. Breen Drive
Indianapolis, Indiana 46235
(317) 289-6087

ALL IT TAKES IS ALL YOU GOT

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: colorguard_rifle on July 11, 2008, 12:13:13 AM
Quote from: Johnny Yuma on July 10, 2008, 04:09:19 PM
Quote from: colorguard_rifle on July 10, 2008, 02:51:26 PM
that would be interesting though a SAR school with nothing but MRE's. Wonder how many cadets would stay.

Most of them.

CAP cadets = Weird Kids. The kind of kid that actually LIKES MRE's.

I agree. But in mysquadron 95% of cadets would drop.

Spoilsports!
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

_

From Maj Brockman through the NESA Yahoo group mailing list

QuoteThere has been a lot of rain in Indiana so far this year which means the insect population will be thriving.  All members should make sure to prepare with the appropriate insect repellent for bugs and tics.

Weather has also been hot and humid.  Don't arrive at the activity dehydrated and then try to play catch up.  Start drinking plenty of fluids several days before arrival.  It has been around 90 degrees this week with 65-70 percent humidity and getting up at times in the high 90s.  In emergency services you will find you can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself.

If you have been enjoying your summer so far mostly in air conditioning or laying around in the shade, remember NESA is a physical activity for those of you in the GSAR schools.  You should be taking walks and wearing the boots you will wear while here to make sure they are broken in and you are in shape to participate.

Make sure your gear and clothing are marked also with your name.  Every year we end up with a box of lost items that we can't identify the owner and no one comes calling for.

For those of you flying in and needing transportation at the airport, make sure you have sent us your flight information.  If there are changes, make sure we have those also.  We can't pick you up if we don't know when you are coming.

We are looking forward to a great school this year and should have around 400 students come through courses this year.  Taking some time to make sure you are prepared and you have what is listed on the equipment list will make your attendance much easier.

Major Gary Brockman
Director, National Emergency Services Academy