Qualification Badges for other ES specialties

Started by thefischNX01, December 01, 2005, 04:25:38 PM

Viper

Quote from: arajca on December 01, 2005, 06:11:25 PM
A proposal was submitted about this very issue I proposed the following (actually three proposals)
1. A scanner wing based on the solo wing with the Observer center.
2.  UDF badge - similar to GT badge, but with "UDF" in the center.
3. An Emergency Services Quaification badge - four levels [Basic, Leader(star),Chief(wreathed star),IC(star&scroll)]. Smiliar in design to the GT badge, but with an enamel center of the CAP logo (triangle & prop)

Dio you have drawings or pictures of the proposed badges?  I agree with you, it makes sense.

arajca

Here are the proposals I sent in.

[attachment deleted by admin- older than one year]

Viper

Quote from: arajca on March 05, 2006, 04:01:13 AM

Good job, Captain Rajca.  I agree with everythinh that you proposed.

Hammer

Quote from: arajca on March 05, 2006, 04:01:13 AM

Were they accepted or rejected?  Do you know?

Eclipse

As a point or information, GES is not a qualification it is the bare minimum requirment to
begin training for a qualification.

Scanner and UDF are fine - there is no need for command badges.

In order to get to be an IC, you are required to have held all subordinate IC positions, therefore you must have been a pilot and GBD, and you'd already have a badge.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pace

Quote from: Eclipse on April 03, 2006, 10:52:11 PM
In order to get to be an IC, you are required to have held all subordinate IC positions, therefore you must have been a pilot and GBD
While I understand the point you're trying to make and agree with you, what you said is not quite true.  IC3 only requires OSC and PSC (not counting ICS requirements).  OSC only requires PSC.  PSC only requires GBD or AOBD.  GBD requires GTL, and GTL requires GTM3.  AOBD requires MP or MO.  MO requires MS.  So...

IC3 can be attained with just one of the three possibilities:

1) OSC, PSC, GBD, GTL, and GTM3.
2) OSC, PSC, AOBD, and MP.
3) OSC, PSC, AOBD, MO, and MS.

So it's possible (no matter how unlikely) to be an IC with only 4 other ratings (not counting SET or GES).
Lt Col, CAP

Eclipse

Yes - but in all three you would already have an specialty badge - GBD or wings.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pace

I understand and agree with you.  I was just refuting this:
In order to get to be an IC, you are required to have held all subordinate IC positions
Lt Col, CAP

Mac

Quote from: dcpacemaker on April 04, 2006, 01:58:44 AM
I understand and agree with you.  I was just refuting this:
In order to get to be an IC, you are required to have held all subordinate IC positions
Dan, must you always be the person to cause problems...  ;D
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Pylon

Quote from: Nukem

This is why he is the "Dark S'member Lord" with the star of unknown purpose.    ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Becks

BBATW

Matt

Quote from: Pylon on April 04, 2006, 04:17:13 PM

This is why he is the "Dark S'member Lord" with the star of unknown purpose.    ;D

Ninja Star?  His last line of silent defense and offense before pouncing on thou est he squashes with he legion of S'members
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

Pace

Why do I always get the blame for causing the problem?  I just point it out.
*Runs and hides before the message snipers get a good shot*

Quote from: Pylon on April 04, 2006, 04:17:13 PM
This is why he is the "Dark S'Member Lord" with the star of unknown purpose.    ;D
Now if I can just get that into MIMS I'd be set for life.  Do I get to design my own unique uniform and insignia?

Lord Pace....I like it.  ;D

Imagine this in in navy or ultra marine blue:
Lt Col, CAP

Horn229

Quote from: dcpacemaker on April 03, 2006, 11:58:47 PM
In order to get to be an IC, you are required to have held all subordinate IC positions, therefore you must have been a pilot and GBD
While I understand the point you're trying to make and agree with you, what you said is not quite true.  IC3 only requires OSC and PSC (not counting ICS requirements).  OSC only requires PSC.  PSC only requires GBD or AOBD.  GBD requires GTL, and GTL requires GTM3.  AOBD requires MP or MO.  MO requires MS.  So...

IC3 can be attained with just one of the three possibilities:

1) OSC, PSC, GBD, GTL, and GTM3.
2) OSC, PSC, AOBD, and MP.
3) OSC, PSC, AOBD, MO, and MS.

So it's possible (no matter how unlikely) to be an IC with only 4 other ratings (not counting SET or GES).

Actually, to get PSC, you have to done something in both sides of the house, bothe Ground and Air. If I as a GBD choose to move up to PSC, I need to get MS. So if someone who is an AOBD, they need to get at least GTM3 or UDF. Of course, there's always the people that somehow get IC with ever doing the other side. ::)
NICHOLAS A. HORN, Senior Member, CAP

Pace

Quote from: Horn229 on April 05, 2006, 07:56:00 PM
Actually, to get PSC, you have to done something in both sides of the house, bothe Ground and Air. If I as a GBD choose to move up to PSC, I need to get MS. So if someone who is an AOBD, they need to get at least GTM3 or UDF.
I know that's what CAPR 60-3 says, but people go off MIMS (which doesn't require that).  MIMS only requires you to be rated as either a AOBD or GBD without regard "for the other side."

QuoteOf course, there's always the people that somehow get IC with ever doing the other side. ::)
That's because of MIMS.
Lt Col, CAP