Operations Plan Format

Started by FlyTiger77, September 29, 2010, 12:33:40 AM

Tubacap

Jack,  I am pretty good with Excel, and I may be able to integrate it with Google Spreadsheets if your wing is using Google Apps.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: Tubacap on September 30, 2010, 10:15:55 PM
Jack, that seems very cool to have it in Excel.  Mind if PAWG peruses and modifies?  We are currently doing the same thing.  Colgan, maybe you can throw some awesomeness this way too!

I threw that document in particular square at PAWG Operations - several times.  Nobody at wing HQ even looked at my SAREX materials.  I kept getting told that they WOULD.  Director of Ops changed, nobody looked, nobody cared. 

I had a stack of operations materials, SAREX stuff especially.  The people who ended up using the stuff were squadrons who I sent it to directly (although I saw my templates in passing, being used by other units too). 

Don't you have a copy of this stuff so I don't have to keep digging?  I could have sworn that I sent at least some of it to you.  If you have it, I could just modify it and make an updated one. 

Tubacap

JC, I don't think I have any of that stuff.  I'll look around though.  If you find it first, PM it to me.  BTY Love the revolutionary stuff!
NER-PA-001

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Tubacap on September 30, 2010, 10:41:39 PM
Jack,  I am pretty good with Excel, and I may be able to integrate it with Google Spreadsheets if your wing is using Google Apps.

I e-mailed a draft to you.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Tubacap

Got it.  I will check it out tomorrow morning.  I just got back from doing an SUI response.  It's bed time.
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: Tubacap on October 01, 2010, 02:43:47 AM
Got it.  I will check it out tomorrow morning.  I just got back from doing an SUI response.  It's bed time.

Freaking Will.  You're supposed to keep track of my files so I don't have to.   >:(  There's a bunch of stuff that I want to find to help people out with stuff for which they've been looking.

Ranger75

The subject has come up a time or two in the past.  You might want to check out this past topic "OpsPlan template" for one example of the OPORD format utilized by MDWG.

JC004

I found some of the documents that I made years ago for exercises.  Not all of them, yet - and some critical documents still missing, but I'm continuing to look. 

My intent is to take them all and update them at least most of the way (that is, as much as I have time to do), then make them available online.  Is there anything in particular other than the actual OPORD that you were looking to get? 

Somewhere in this stuff, I should also have Controller documents, schedules, rosters (which maybe I could just delete the data and make into a sample), equipment lists for training kits, briefing outlines, etc.  I am missing, however, my scenarios set that took me a couple years to develop fully.  I'm a little upset about that.  The major issue is that when I moved from one laptop to another, I moved a bunch of files which were corrupted at some point.  I've had to take paper stuff and redo it for some things.  I'm hoping that my scenarios binder is still around.   :'(  My Controller documents like scenario stuff was developed by me with some people I recruited because my wing never used controllers and I never knew any other units around to, so I couldn't get any samples.

If there are other things that you think might be helpful and I can keep an eye out for them, let me know.

On another note, maybe if a couple of people would look at what I'm going to publish and consider getting together to develop the materials further, we could create a nice set of documents that would be kind of a "SAREX in a Box."