Looking for old Squadron Patch

Started by Capt Thompson, August 30, 2015, 02:37:14 PM

Capt Thompson

Not sure if this should be in uniforms or history.....moderator feel free to move if it's in the wrong spot.

I've been searching the web for some time now, trying to locate an image of my former Squadron's patch. WIWAC in the late 90's, there was a patch website that had a very nice jpeg image of our Squadron patch, which I'm sure I saved to a 3.5" floppy somewhere, but now I can't find it anywhere. I sent an email to Ace Browning to see if he might have a copy, but it's not listed on his site, and he has the second version of the patch listed as version 1, so I'm assuming he was unaware another version existed maybe?

The unit was Phoenix Cadet Squadron, MI-065, which met in Grosse Ile and Taylor Michigan at the time the patch was used. The patch was later changed when the unit moved to Romulus, to the version currently on Maj Browning's site, just before the unit folded.

Patch was a white shield, with a white phoenix, with the tips of it's feathers red and orange/yellow. A rocker on the bottom read Phoenix Cadet Squadron, and I believe may have had the Charter No. 20065, but not 100% on that.

If anyone might have an image, or possibly a copy of the patch, I would greatly appreciate an image or to purchase the patch from you.

Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

JC004

I saved a lot of unit patches a few years ago.  But those may have been in a hard drive loss I had (not sure).  If I find them, I will see if it's in there and let you know. 

LSThiker

Capt Thompson

Wasn't aware of the first site, thanks for pointing me to it. Unfortunately it's not there either, but a cool site anyway.
Capt Matt Thompson

SarDragon

This was on the CAP History FB page:

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Capt Thompson

Interesting patch, but not the one unfortunately.

I'm wondering what the white thing on his neck is?
Capt Matt Thompson

JC004

jhighman

Maybe the Phoenix is cold and needed a muffler but the artist got confused.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Luis R. Ramos

You are wrong, not a flask but a car MUFFLER, for when it burns the gases escaping do not produce sound...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer