Squadron vs Squadron is Lacrosse Games?

Started by romeomike15, May 06, 2019, 03:50:22 PM

romeomike15

Hello I'm finishing up Lacrosse for the 2019 season at school and  I was wondering if we can have competition between squadrons playing lacrosse. Lacrosse can be played by anyone who is willing to work hard to get better at playing and can be played by both genders.

JayT

Quote from: romeomike15 on May 06, 2019, 03:50:22 PM
Hello I'm finishing up Lacrosse for the 2019 season at school and  I was wondering if we can have competition between squadrons playing lacrosse. Lacrosse can be played by anyone who is willing to work hard to get better at playing and can be played by both genders.

What does it have to do with CAP, and on who's time?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

TheSkyHornet

I don't know of any "CAP leagues" for any sports, let alone lacrosse. Sports may be used for PT/game day, but I haven't seen any teams or squadron-versus-squadron in a competition sense.

You'll probably get some flak in pushing for cadet lacrosse due to the injury exposure, as in any contact sport or any sport where persons are expected to wear protective gear, to include helmet and face mask.

Luis R. Ramos

This could be a very good intergroup activity. It could be that "additional Saturday meeting," it could be the additional physical activity mentioned in regulations, pamphlets regarding cadet activities. It could be a different motivational tool, as offering cadets only PT and testing it may be boring to them. 

It may require review by your Group commander as it may be regarded by some as a High-Risk Activity. Just make sure that someone at Group HQ is notified. And insure that all participants have protective equipment.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Zvezda

The problem with sports like Lacrosse is that it requires a lot of equipment and you have to store it, purchase it, and maintain it.

The alternatives of frisbee, soccer, capture the flag, or going to the swimming pool are all much more attractive. Not only are they easier to learn (so that everyone can feel confident in participating), but they only require the purchase of one cheap item, don't take up much space for storage, and are easy to replace/maintain.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on May 06, 2019, 05:24:40 PM
It may require review by your Group commander as it may be regarded by some as a High-Risk Activity.

This is not an HAA. And if it were an HAA, it would require Wing Commander approval, not just Group.