Cadet Great Start

Started by Fester, February 01, 2018, 02:59:44 AM

Fester

Curious if any of you are utilizing this program and what your feedback is on it?
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Gunsotsu

You have to tailor it to your situation.

If you only accept new cadets (for example) quarterly, then go wild. But, if you accept cadets as they come, you need to make it custom to your squadron.

abdsp51

Quote from: Fester on February 01, 2018, 02:59:44 AM
Curious if any of you are utilizing this program and what your feedback is on it?

It's required and not an option.

Fester

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 01, 2018, 03:13:38 AM

Is it?  I don't see any reg stating that it's required.  Even in the new 60-1 that I believe is effective 1 MAR.

"3.1. Initiation Into the Cadet Program.
3.1.1. Cadet Recruitment. All cadet and composite squadrons must strive for positive growth, as
measured from year to year. All cadet units must conduct at least one recruiting campaign or open house
each year. Units that conduct an open house similar to what issuggested in CAPP 60-21, Cadet Great Start,
satisfy this requirement. The group or wing must provide mentoring to leaders whose units are not
showing positive annual growth."
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

abdsp51

Quote from: Fester on February 01, 2018, 03:55:12 AM

Is it?  I don't see any reg stating that it's required.  Even in the new 60-1 that I believe is effective 1 MAR.

3.1.1. Cadet Recruitment. All cadet and composite squadrons must strive for positive growth, as
measured from year to year. All cadet units must conduct at least one recruiting campaign or open house
each year. Units that conduct an open house similar to what issuggested in CAPP 60-21, Cadet Great Start,
satisfy this requirement. The group or wing must provide mentoring to leaders whose units are not

Have you even rejoined?  Great start is a requirement.

Fester

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 01, 2018, 03:59:48 AM

Please direct me to where that is stated in written regulation.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

abdsp51

Quote from: Fester on February 01, 2018, 04:10:02 AM

Read the regs in their entirety.  Better yet rejoin, until then your opinion is irrelevant.

Fester

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 01, 2018, 04:16:27 AM

Read the regs in their entirety.  Better yet rejoin, until then your opinion is irrelevant.

I have.  And I have.  So, I assume you can't point me to where it states that it is a requirement because that doesn't exist within the relevant regs?

Thank you.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

abdsp51

Quote from: Fester on February 01, 2018, 04:18:16 AM

I have.  And I have.  So, I assume you can't point me to where it states that it is a requirement because that doesn't exist within the relevant regs?

Thank you.

It's in 52-16 the current reg and sui checklist.  Thank you come again.

Fester

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 01, 2018, 04:26:35 AM
Quote from: Fester on February 01, 2018, 04:18:16 AM

Thank you.

It's in 52-16 the current reg and sui checklist.  Thank you come again.

I can't speak to the SUI checklist as I haven't come across that item yet.  But I CAN say that R52-16 does NOT state that it is a requirement.

"3-1. Initiation Into the Cadet Program.
a. Cadet Recruitment. All cadet units are expected to strive for positive growth, as measured from
year to year. All cadet units must conduct at least one recruiting campaign or open house each year. Units
that conduct an open house similar to what is suggested in CAPP 52-9, Cadet Great Start, satisfy this
requirement. The group or wing must provide mentoring to leaders whose units are not showing positive
annual growth.
b. Cadet Orientation. All units that have cadet members must follow a detailed, systematic plan for
introducing prospective cadets to CAP and transforming those young people into cadet airmen within 60
days.
(1) Prospective Cadets' Opportunities and Limitations. CAPR 39-2, chapter 2, explains what
prospective cadets may do and are prohibited from doing at CAP activities, prior to their membership taking
effect.
(2) Mentors for New Cadets. Units will match each newcomer with a mentor who accompanies
them during meetings, introduces them to the squadron, assists in their orientation and generally makes
them feel welcome.
(3) Parents' Orientation. The orientation must also include a parents' introduction to CAP.
(4) Cadet Great Start. Units that use the Cadet Great Start curriculum and Parents' Guide to
CAP satisfy the requirements of this sub chapter"
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

abdsp51

Wrong try again..  Thank you come again... Go back to your corner and learn...

Fester

If you're going to harp on "regs" with regards to Sunglasses at Encampment, you should know regs front and back.  Thank you and good night.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Alaric

Quote from: Fester on February 01, 2018, 04:34:54 AM
If you're going to harp on "regs" with regards to Sunglasses at Encampment, you should know regs front and back.  Thank you and good night.

I do, what regulation would you like to discuss

Fester

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 01, 2018, 04:34:42 AM
Wrong try again..  Thank you come again... Go back to your corner and learn...

Again.  Quote the regs where it states it's required.  I quoted the regs you listed and you're STILL unable to admit your fault.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

abdsp51

Regs are qouted and poibted out.  Go back to your safe space snowflake..

Fester

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 01, 2018, 04:35:59 AM

You said 52-16.  I quoted the entire section where "Great Start" is mentioned in that reg.  And it directly contradicts your opinion and belief. 

Again, show me where written regulations substantiate your claim.  Until then, improve your reading comprehension skills.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

abdsp51

Quote from: Fester on February 01, 2018, 04:37:46 AM

You said 52-16.  I quoted the entire section where "Great Start" is mentioned in that reg.  And it directly contradicts your opinion and belief. 

Again, show me where written regulations substantiate your claim.  Until then, improve your reading comprehension skills.

My comprehension skills are fine snowflake.  It's in the reg, it's in the pamphlet and it's inspectible.  So go back to your corner read them in its entirety and then come back to play.

Fester

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 01, 2018, 04:44:58 AM
Quote from: Fester on February 01, 2018, 04:37:46 AM

My comprehension skills are fine snowflake.  It's in the reg, it's in the pamphlet and it's inspectible.  So go back to your corner read them in its entirety and then come back to play.

Just read through the SUI worksheets.  No requirement there, either.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

abdsp51

Its there.  New one isnt effective yet.  Try again.  It's in the reg..

Fester

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 01, 2018, 04:55:01 AM

Then it should be easy for you to quote the part of the regs that state so.  LOL
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

abdsp51

Quote from: Fester on February 01, 2018, 04:56:50 AM

Then it should be easy for you to quote the part of the regs that state so.  LOL

You're being taught to fish snowflake. But you seem to miss that point. 

Fester

Quote from: abdsp51 on February 01, 2018, 04:58:34 AM
Quote from: Fester on February 01, 2018, 04:56:50 AM

You're being taught to fish snowflake. But you seem to miss that point.

I'm fishing for a mermaid.  :)

I've read all of the CP related Forms, Pamphlets and Regulations.  Including the current versions and the pending new versions that are available.  I've read the regulations and the worksheets that you referred me to.  I am not seeing anywhere that Great Start is required.  Maybe you're wrong?  Hmmmm... Imagine that.  And even if you ARE wrong, you're a non-snowflake "man" so you'd never admit it.

Let me know when you have something of value to add to the conversation.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

PHall

Can you guys take your personal argument to PM's please, thank you. You're boring the rest of us to death.

ßτε

You are mistaken. Great Start is not required. Not in CAPR 52-16 and not in the new CAPR 60-1.

SarDragon

Wow, go away for my meeting, and look what I come back to. Now I need another beverage to settle down.

If y'all want to have a body part measuring contest, or a urinating competition, take it elsewhere, as suggested above.

Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret