Minimum Rank for O'Flights

Started by Snake Doctor, May 18, 2007, 09:25:51 PM

Snake Doctor

I'm looking for a reference, if there is one, for a minimum cadet rank to participate in cadet O'Flights.
I've looked in 52-16 and CAPP57-2 and have done a search here. 

Thanks.
Paul
Paul Hertel, Lt Col, Civil Air Patrol
Wing Chief Of Staff
Assistant Wing PAO
Illinois Wing

MIKE

Don't think there is one.  Just have to be under 18, have a current membership card/proof of current membership, and be in a CAP uniform IIRC.
Mike Johnston

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Al Sayre

Although an O'flight could be used as incentive to complete an achievement...
Get your Curry, get a ride, get your Wright Bros. get a ride etc. as long as you are consistent and the cadets get their rides...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

NIN

Quote from: Al Sayre on May 20, 2007, 05:54:10 AM
Although an O'flight could be used as incentive to complete an achievement...
Get your Curry, get a ride, get your Wright Bros. get a ride etc. as long as you are consistent and the cadets get their rides...

Or, it could be the other way around:

Get your O-ride, stay in the program (ie. its a retention incentive.)

While progression is desired, using a retention item (o-rides) as the carrot for cadet progression will likely backfire.

We seldom see people saying "Oh, man, I got too many orientation flights," but when its been tied to grade (as it was at one point here in my wing), you get "I'm still waiting for my Arnold, Lindbergh, and Goddard orientation flights.. When I pass my Spaatz next month, maybe I'll consolidate them into a fast jet ride..."

:P

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

BillB

Since under the new policy cadets don't get the free uniform until they complete the Currey, you can't use the O-ride as an inducement to stay in the program for brand new cadets. And a uniform is required to be worn for O-rides. So in reality there is a minimum grade.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Al Sayre

I'm pretty sure the killed that no uniform until Curry since getting the Curry requires the Cadet to wear his uniform properly...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
GRW #2787

CAP428

Quote from: BillB on May 20, 2007, 12:25:46 PM
Since under the new policy cadets don't get the free uniform until they complete the Currey, you can't use the O-ride as an inducement to stay in the program for brand new cadets. And a uniform is required to be worn for O-rides. So in reality there is a minimum grade.

Except the fact that some cadets buy their uniforms, so there would not be a minimum grade for them...