Cadet Honor Guard Patch

Started by Thunderbird, April 20, 2015, 03:48:45 PM

Thunderbird

Is there a patch for attending honor guard academy? I saw one on Vanguard, but I'm unsure if that is one to be worn on BDUs. There is also a round one.

Thank you.

arajca

Reference CAPM 39-1. That lists and illustrates the NCSA patches that are authorized on the bdu in addition to everything that is authorized for wear on the CAP uniforms of all flavors.

kwe1009

Just to be clear, the patch is for people that attend an "Honor Guard Academy" and not an "Honor Academy".  They are different. 

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: kwe1009 on April 20, 2015, 05:35:56 PM
Just to be clear, the patch is for people that attend an "Honor Guard Academy" and not an "Honor Academy".  They are different.

This.

The Shield patch is for ascots only.
The round patch is for attending the HGA NCSA, which IIRC hasn't been run since 2013.

Whatever you do, if you didn't go to HGA when it was up and running, and you were trained locally, do not wear either patch on your uniform. I'm still a bit concerned about the response my brain had when I saw a cadet wearing the shield on his BDUs, and finding out he didn't even attend HGA, but a cadet who HAD back in the day instructed the unit cadets to do so...

Thunderbird

I was planning on attending an Honor Guard Academy, but not the national, regional.

almostspaatz

I don't think there is an authorized patch for the Region HGAs, (may be wrong, but I haven't found anything yet)

They were recently added to the NCSA ribbon list:

http://capmembers.com/cadet_programs/activities/csa-ribbon-list/
C/Maj Steve Garrett

kwe1009

Region Honor Guard Academies may be authorized to issue the HGA BDU patch.  I did see a letter from NHQ giving the MER HGA authority to issue the patch.  I'm not sure about any other HGA and I don't know the process or who exaction at NHQ approves this.  The wording in 39-1 is incorrect and needs to be updated to include Region HGAs.