Safety survey, online file a mishap

Started by umpirecali, December 09, 2012, 04:37:31 AM

umpirecali

I am the safety officer for my squadron and I am starting to fill out my year-end safety survey.  There is a question asking if all of our seniors have taken the online class on how file a mishap.  I known the answer is most likely "no" but is there any report out that tells who has and who hasn't taken the class?
Capt Chris Cali, CAP
Deputy Commander
Deputy Commander for Cadets

vento

Quote from: umpirecali on December 09, 2012, 04:37:31 AM
I am the safety officer for my squadron and I am starting to fill out my year-end safety survey.  There is a question asking if all of our seniors have taken the online class on how file a mishap.  I known the answer is most likely "no" but is there any report out that tells who has and who hasn't taken the class?

If your members really took and completed the training, then answer YES.
However, if otherwise, then the best answer is N/A and explain in the notes that it is not required by current CAP regulations. In many wings like CAWG for example, answering NO will trigger a follow up action with a self assigned deadline and you will have to come back and update your survey. Remember it is a survey, not an audit.

vento

BTW, there is no report that is readily available. In my unit, we've asked our members to send us a copy of their certificate of completion. Surprisingly there were quite a few who did it, but not ALL of them.

Luis R. Ramos

IGNORE I misread the specific question.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer