Cadet Programs Regulations updates - Eff Nov 2019

Started by Eclipse, October 24, 2019, 07:58:40 PM

Eclipse

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/members/publications/regulations-for-preview

R 60-1      1 Nov 19  Cadet Program Management
Very little of the highlighted changes will cause angina, however the EVP,
not required until next year, is likely to be a "FUN!" EXCITING! situation for all involved.

R 60-2      1 Nov 19  Cadet Protection Program

P 60-15       Nov 19  Cadet Protection Policy Implementation Guide
     Will require deep dive for comment, completely new document.

P 60-34       Nov 19  Learn To Lead  Drill & Ceremonies Practical Tests

P 60-43       Nov 19  Cadet Wings Student Guide

P 60-70       Nov 19  Cadet Encampment Guide
Will require deep dive for comment, updates not highlighted.

F 60-86       Oct 19  Cadet Independent Flight Instruction Authorization

VA 60-100  Aug 19  Cadet Super Chart Single Page
     Updates Add the renamed ACHs.

VA 60-100  Aug 19  Cadet Super Chart Two Letter Pages

VA 60-103 Sept 19  Cadet Programs Overview for Strategic Audiences
     Presentation for non-member on the CP.

VA 60-109  Oct 19  Cadet Programs Logic Model
     Some hows and whys of the CP.

VA 60-110  Oct 19  Cadet Heritage
     Historical Info re: Achievements and Milestones

VA 60-111 Nov 19  Intensity Watch-Out List
     Canonizes knocking the off FMJ stuff.

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

PHall

No major changes. Just a general update and a renumbering.

Offutteer

Okay, it's now 2019.  Why aren't our regulations hyperlinked so that when I click on the word "attachment 5" I'd go to attachment 5, rather than having to scroll all the way down to the last page?  You want Chapter 4, simply click on it in the Table of Contents, or that's how it should work. 

Holding Pattern

Cadet Protection update I am glad to see:
60-2:
2.2.2. Grog Bowls. Activities that include cadets will not feature a "grog" bowl or require individuals to
consume unpalatable items.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on October 24, 2019, 08:10:02 PM
No major changes. Just a general update and a renumbering.

For the most part that appears to be the case, but VA 60-111 is going to cause the grinding of
teeth for many who "know better" - at least it gives leaders somewhere to point now when people
won't knock it off.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Holding Pattern on October 24, 2019, 08:12:44 PM
60-2:
2.2.2. Grog Bowls. Activities that include cadets will not feature a "grog" bowl or require individuals to

And the stupid thing is that Grog Bowls at Air Force Dining Ins and Dining Out's don't have all that stupid stuff in there.
They normally come in two flavors, with alcohol (leaded) and without alcohol (unleaded).

Kayll'b

To clairify, grog is still allowed as long as there are no cadets present?

interesting.
C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Kayll'b on October 24, 2019, 10:53:04 PM
To clairify, grog is still allowed as long as there are no cadets present?

interesting.

As a senior member, if there was a non-cadet activity that included one I wouldn't bother showing up.

Kayll'b

There goes my squadron's recruiting and retention...
C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder

Spam

Quote from: Kayll'b on October 24, 2019, 11:19:16 PM
There goes my squadron's recruiting and retention...

If grog bowl type activities are the basis of your units manning and staffing, then: good! We need to get rid of the posers and safety/security risks. Do it right, do it safely, and do it by the program, and stop the cosplay and grabastic monkeying around.

PHall is on target. Listen to him.

R/s
Spam

Spam

Thanks, Eclipse.

Those look like some great new products. The -111 in particular is widely applicable, and needed. I wish it were less encampment specific, though. I've seen cadets (and seniors) take flights behind local meeting spaces to get them out of sight out of mind in order to bust CPP, and to perform some of the other behaviors now clearly proscribed. It would be helpful if they were not explicitly linked to encampment, as some of us have seen barracks lawyers thus claim they only apply at such activities, to avoid responsibility for local compliance.

V/r
Spam

Eclipse

I hereby coin the phrase "111 Violation®", which is released by eClipseco for use by CAP members as appropriate, all other rights reserved.

In all seriousness, I don't understand why NHQ continues to equivocate on standards and "requirements".
Just define the program and the behavior you want to engender and lose the wiggle room.  The 111 would have been a much more effective
document if, while it could emphasize encampments because that is where the risk for this behavior is greatest, it simply said "never anywhere".

Regardless, if nothing else, after next Summer as a start, and within a few years of this baking in, cadets and seniors will at least (in theory),
no longer have the excuse of "this is how they did it at encampment".

"111 Violation®" is a registered trademark of eClipseco Mining and Heavy Machinery Consortium.  All Rights Reserved.  Let eClipseco service all of your rhetoric and propaganda needs!

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: Eclipse on October 24, 2019, 07:58:40 PM
VA 60-100  Aug 19  Cadet Super Chart Two Letter Pages

VA 60-103 Sept 19  Cadet Programs Overview for Strategic Audiences
     Presentation for non-member on the CP.

They need to find a better photo of Col Boyd, preferably one during his active years as
opposed to the photo they used in which you can barely make out the features of his face.

All the other honorees have images from their prime.  While there aren't many, a Google search
found at least three better photos of Col Boyd.

"That Others May Zoom"

SemperVigHooah

60-2:
2.2.2. Grog Bowls. Activities that include cadets will not feature a “grog” bowl or require individuals to

There's the CAP for you, sucking the fun out of many activities because one person screwed up and filed a complaint/lawsuit, just like the recent ban on vehicle parking. The ban on unpalatable items? Yeah, fair. But eliminating grog bowls PERIOD? That's like banning punch from a school dance because someone slipped in it. CAP, please don't punish all of us for a cadet/senior member's mistake.

Eclipse

You're confusing "punishment" with "common sense".

In an environment that explicitly prohibits hazing and abuse, you can't allow practices
to continue which meet the literal definition of same.

"That Others May Zoom"

Toad1168

Hopefully some clarification will be made at next month's Youth Development Conference in Atlanta. 
Toad

arajca

Quote from: Jim Lahaie on October 25, 2019, 02:59:07 AM
60-2:

There's the CAP for you, sucking the fun out of many activities because one person screwed up and filed a complaint/lawsuit, just like the recent ban on vehicle parking. The ban on unpalatable items? Yeah, fair. But eliminating grog bowls PERIOD? That's like banning punch from a school dance because someone slipped in it. CAP, please don't punish all of us for a cadet/senior member's mistake.
It's not being banned because of "one person" or "a cadet/senior member's mistake". It is the way in which grog bowls have used at a lot of CAP activities to humiliate members. Having seen what goes into some of these, and the various items used as grog bowls, it is not an 'innocent' thing. Not to mention the bragging about how disgusting the grog bowl contents are by those who put them together.

A lot of them I've seen could easily put someone with diabetes into an emergency condition.

TheSkyHornet

When did the CAPR previews actually post for review, considering these have effective dates of 01 November 2019?

Eclipse

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on October 25, 2019, 03:26:09 PM
When did the CAPR previews actually post for review, considering these have effective dates of 01 November 2019?

Not 30 days ago, that's for sure, as some of the docs have a 10 OCT modified date.

"That Others May Zoom"