The Aircraft Information File (AIF)

Started by etodd, November 28, 2022, 03:34:06 AM

etodd

I'm trying to download and print this 12 page document from:

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/F_070008_AIF_01SEP22_Fillable_7E514D35297F4.pdf

For some strange reason it is password encrypted. I do not have Adobe Pro to remove the encryption.

If I try to print it online, it asks for password. If I download the pdf to my computer and try to print it also asks for the password.

Why did anyone encrypt it before uploading?

Does anyone have a non-encrypted version I can get ... or anyone know the password.

(I'm on a Mac BTW)

Why does HDQs always make the simplest of things complicated?
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

PHall

I just clicked on the link you have in your post and was able to download your form in about 3 seconds.
No password or anything. And all I have is the free Adobe Reader for PDF's.

etodd

Quote from: PHall on November 28, 2022, 03:37:26 AMI just clicked on the link you have in your post and was able to download your form in about 3 seconds.
No password or anything. And all I have is the free Adobe Reader for PDF's.

It downloads fine. Its when I click print that I get the password prompt.

If you highlight the file on your computer and "Get Info" does it show its encrypted? It does on my Macs. IDK

SarDragon

It might be a Mac thing. I just downloaded and printed with no problem; Win 10, Adobe Reader, no password request. The security setting is Printable, with most other features passworded. BTW, encrypted =/= passworded, although both are involved here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Paul Creed III

It is a password protected file to prevent changes but the printing permission is expressly permitted.

Save the file to your Downloads folder (or wherever on your box), open with Preview, and print away.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

etodd

Quote from: Paul Creed III on November 28, 2022, 11:29:33 AMIt is a password protected file to prevent changes but the printing permission is expressly permitted.

Save the file to your Downloads folder (or wherever on your box), open with Preview, and print away.

First thing I did yesterday. Still ask for password to print. Yes, it's probably this older Mac I'm using. I'll send it to somebody else in my squadron and get them to print.

AirDX

Not a Mac thing. Tried printing on my Mac, no problems. According to the security settings for the file, printing, filling fields, etc. expressly allowed. I dunno what to tell you.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.