Main Menu

Bolling AFB Navy Lodge

Started by MattPHS2002, January 25, 2007, 03:42:53 PM

MattPHS2002

Has anyone here ever stayed/attempted to stay at the Bowling AFB Navy lodge in MD? I'm having a heck of a time getting through to someone that can help me arrange billeting for approximately 15 people.
1Lt Matt Gamret

NER-PA-002 Drug Demand Reduction Officer

Monty

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on January 25, 2007, 03:42:53 PM
Has anyone here ever stayed/attempted to stay at the Bowling AFB Navy lodge in MD? I'm having a heck of a time getting through to someone that can help me arrange billeting for approximately 15 people.

Bolling AFB, you mean.   ;)

9 times out of 10, your easiest bet for securing on-base lodging would be to coordinate your efforts through your State Director.

You aren't necessarily entitled to lodging but with the State Director's intercession, it adds some legitimacy. 

MattPHS2002

Thats where I got the phone number from:) I was advised that by doing that its less likely to cause someone somewhere to have a conniption.
1Lt Matt Gamret

ddelaney103

You may want to try 1-800-NAVY INN if 202-563-6950 isn't working.

Also, they have a web site: https://www.navy-lodge.com/index.html

MattPHS2002

Thanks, the group coordinator sounded a bit rude for the 5 minutes that I spoke with her and even though she told me yesterday that she'd be in today.. she wasn't
1Lt Matt Gamret

MIKE

There's no Air Force Inn on Bowling?
Mike Johnston

MattPHS2002

If there is I wasn't given the number for it. It took me long enough to get these numbers so I'm not about to hack off the state director by trying to go elsewhere.
1Lt Matt Gamret

ddelaney103

mikeylikey

Any luck with the Bolling Lodge yet?  Cause I hate to tell you, but they are booked!  Looks like commercial for you man!
What's up monkeys?

MattPHS2002

When I spoke with them they had space for us in July as I asked but I must've told the lady 2-3 times that no we aren't active duty/on orders/retired. I'm gonna check next month and if they are booked up we may have to scrub this. Unless the base will let us sleep on the gym floor, wouldn't be the first time I've done that.:)
1Lt Matt Gamret

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on January 29, 2007, 05:16:41 PM
Unless the base will let us sleep on the gym floor, wouldn't be the first time I've done that.:)

;) Been there
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

O-Rex

If you have a legit need for mil lodging, you can usually get something "Space-A."

mikeylikey

Just call the State Director and get him (or her) to do his (or her) job!  Thats why they are being PAID.  Wait, now that I think about it, we pay them.  They are there for reasons like this.  MATTPHS2000, call the NJ/PA director, tell him your dates of travel, he can get the process started.  There is no need to sleep on a gym floor, when he can make a call, type a letter or do whatever magical thing costs the taxpayers roughly $74,000 a year. 

Speaking of These guys, what a nice job they have!  They get an airplane to fly around in, GSA vehicles to use on "official" business, Per-Diem, and a bunch of other stuff.  The AF side of CAP-USAF is pretty awesome.  Wonder how we can apply for these jobs, I never see them listed in the AF job search or USAJOBS. 
What's up monkeys?

Eclipse

Quote from: O-Rex on January 31, 2007, 03:09:29 AM
If you have a legit need for mil lodging, you can usually get something "Space-A."

Which is great when there is any "A".

I've never had any trouble staying at the BOQ at Great Lakes, but its always "A", and if there's no "A", you're SOL.

Right now, they always threaten they are full, and usually are for enlisted considering the ops tempo on these bases...

"That Others May Zoom"

JohnKachenmeister

Bob:

I used to always stay at Great Lakes when I was in the Army and had to visit Ft. Sheridan.  I always got REALLY great quarters, too.

I think it had to do with my rank.  I'd always check in in civilian clothes, and have reservations for quarters for Captain Kachenmeister. 

I'd get great rooms, but they always seemed surprised that I was an Army captain.  Go figure.
Another former CAP officer

MattPHS2002

Quote from: mikeylikey on January 31, 2007, 05:03:06 AM
Just call the State Director and get him (or her) to do his (or her) job! 

I said a few posts back that is how I got the number in the first place.

As for "a legit need" its not so much a legit need as it is going to be cheaper for the cadets I'm taking, most don't have a ton of extra cash laying around and at this point neither do I which is why I'm trying to go as cheap as I can.
1Lt Matt Gamret

afgeo4

Have you tried other DoD facilities in DC area?
GEORGE LURYE

bosshawk

Good suggestion about other facilities in the DC area.  Andrews AFB, Ft. Meade, Ft Belvoir are all within easy driving distances: even closer to subway stations so you don't have to find a place to park in downtown DC.  Ft Myer is right next to Arlington Cemetery and the Pentagon, but you might have trouble getting space there, but worth a try.

any of our erstwhile posters from the DC area have other ideas?  I used to live in N Va, but have been gone a good while.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

afgeo4

Also the USMC Base Quantico, but Forts Myer and Belvoir are your best bet outside of Bolling in terms of distance.
GEORGE LURYE