Some other CP files for your use...

Started by Stonewall, July 20, 2007, 05:37:04 PM

Stonewall

A few more things for your use.  Again, if you like'em, use'em.  If not, don't.  I'm not looking for feedback, just throwing a few things out there.

Do know that I am the author of a lot of this stuff and several things have been copied in some way, shape, or form with permission from other BTDTs.  I hearby give permission to use and abuse these things and I require no credit be given to me.
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

The big one, Training Flight Handbook...
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Kirt, do you use the pipeline method with these t-flight deal?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

jimmydeanno

Just out of curiosity...what's with the "How's the cow" thing?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Stonewall

Quote from: Pylon on August 15, 2007, 11:24:38 AM

Pipeline?  Familiar with the term, but explain your meaning.
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 15, 2007, 12:16:12 PM

You know, as a cadet I simply did as I was told, I memorized it.  That being said, I'm not one of those guys that does something just because it's tradition, but doesn't make sense.  For some reason though, "how of the cow" just continues to sit with me.  They called it a "panic button" question.  All of the sudden, you're asked "how's the cow" and you're expected to answer.  One day, while Gen. Colin Powell was still CJCS, he was interviewed by Barbara Walters and asked a question about his ROTC days.  I found it quite interesting that he actually brought up the "how of the cow".  It seemed to make sense to him, so I continued using it.  Still, to this day, I can't describe it, but it somehow means something to me. 

I had to recite it at FLWG encampments and at NCSA boards where hundreds of cadets were interviewed before being selected for their NCSA's.  I was asked, in 1991, by an AD AF Colonel.  I figured, it's gotta mean something special.
Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Quote from: Stonewall on August 15, 2007, 12:36:16 PM
Quote from: Pylon on August 15, 2007, 11:24:38 AM

Pipeline?  Familiar with the term, but explain your meaning.

AKA:  Only accept members during a certain window, twice or three times per year and once you get them all membership'ed up, put everybody through the t-flight at once?

I can only see the program working well if you had a sudden burst of membership from a recruiting drive/event, or if you did the pipeline method.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Stonewall

Okay, gotcha.  Yes, that is exactly how we did it.  I'm a huge advocate of this style of "hiring".  In fact, I think there was a thread about this recruiting style in another forum, maybe "Membership".  I clearly explain my stance there along with some good info from Ninness.

Here's the link to that discussion...  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=1960.0
Serving since 1987.

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: Stonewall on August 15, 2007, 12:40:38 PM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 15, 2007, 12:16:12 PM

You know, as a cadet I simply did as I was told, I memorized it.  That being said, I'm not one of those guys that does something just because it's tradition, but doesn't make sense.  For some reason though, "how of the cow" just continues to sit with me.  They called it a "panic button" question.  All of the sudden, you're asked "how's the cow" and you're expected to answer.  One day, while Gen. Colin Powell was still CJCS, he was interviewed by Barbara Walters and asked a question about his ROTC days.  I found it quite interesting that he actually brought up the "how of the cow".  It seemed to make sense to him, so I continued using it.  Still, to this day, I can't describe it, but it somehow means something to me. 

I had to recite it at FLWG encampments and at NCSA boards where hundreds of cadets were interviewed before being selected for their NCSA's.  I was asked, in 1991, by an AD AF Colonel.  I figured, it's gotta mean something special.

Kinda like the "This is my Rifle, This is my gun" theory......

smgilbert101

Quote from: Stonewall on July 20, 2007, 05:37:04 PM
A few more things for your use.  Again, if you like'em, use'em.  If not, don't.  I'm not looking for feedback, just throwing a few things out there.

Thanks again!  Can we have some more please?  ;D
Steve Gilbert
SWR-TX-434
Too much rack for my uniform, favorite job is "mentor" (or was that mental..hmm)
ex-alot of things and sometimes gumbly old bear.