Main Menu

Ask MIKE

Started by MIKE, April 12, 2007, 08:03:44 PM

JC004

Quote from: flyerthom on April 15, 2007, 06:21:50 PM
Question, why dosen't the quote feature work when I'm using IE exploder 7 but does with mozillia?

Why would someone use that rather than Firefox 2?

MattPHS2002

Why is ECI-13 so boring and never corrected from a technical stand point?
1Lt Matt Gamret

NER-PA-002 Drug Demand Reduction Officer

MIKE

Question, why dosen't the quote feature work when I'm using IE exploder 7 but does with mozillia?

??? It works fine in IE 7.

Mike Johnston

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: MattPHS2002 on April 15, 2007, 07:06:47 PM
Why is ECI-13 so boring and never corrected from a technical stand point?

I agree AFAIDL-13 does need to be re-written to a modern manual.  Why does it have to be the way it is though?  Remember it was written by the AF.

mikeylikey

Why is the weather still so crappy?
What's up monkeys?

CadetProgramGuy

The Earth is Yaw'ing on its axis (Sun moves from south horizion to north horizion) and it is causing uneven heating of the earth's surface causing wind that pushes the high and low pressure boundaries across the nation causing cold and hot weather.

BillB

If it's yawing on it's axis, is it going to fall over like a spinning top does when it yaws?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: BillB on April 16, 2007, 12:29:44 AM
If it's yawing on it's axis, is it going to fall over like a spinning top does when it yaws?

Scientifically speaking it can't.  Remember what causes an orbit, speed, mass, and a gravitational pull.

It is known that the earth yaws as well as spins.  The earth rotates every 24 hours, give or take a few minutes (causing leap years).

The Yawing causes seasons.

Fifinella

Quote from: JC004 on April 15, 2007, 07:00:56 PM

Safari is the way to go. 8)
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

JC004

Quote from: Fifinella on April 17, 2007, 04:58:21 AM
Quote from: JC004 on April 15, 2007, 07:00:56 PM

Safari is the way to go. 8)

MIKE!  What is the best web browser?

MIKE

MIKE uses IE 7 and Firefox 2.  MIKE thinks most sites look better in IE 7 than in Firefox 2 though.
Mike Johnston

RogueLeader

When is the earth going to reverse it's polarity again?
It HAS Happened numerous times before. . . . . . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

fyrfitrmedic

Simple question:

What is?
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

PhoenixRisen

Rangersigo

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 16, 2007, 12:09:49 AM

I just saw this great movie call "Inconvenient Truth"  I am positive it is global warming.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Rangersigo on April 17, 2007, 06:56:46 PM
Quote from: mikeylikey on April 16, 2007, 12:09:49 AM

I just saw this great movie call "Inconvenient Truth"  I am positive it is global warming.
I figured it was because that the sun is burning more hot than usual, as well as the fact that the degree of axial tilt has changed to where the climatological patterns have been noticeably altered.  Just nature being itself.  Pay Gore no mind.  he has always needed other people to do his thinking for him.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jimmydeanno

Dear Mike:

My wife and I have been married for 5 years this December.  She has been dropping subtle hints about wanting to take a 'warm weather' vacation in celebration.

Last year we went on a Caribbean vacation that included, Aruba, Puerto Rico, Curacao, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.  She does not want to 're-visit' any of these locations.

I recommended Alaska, but sadly, she had no interest.

Do you have any recommendations for warm weather destinations that you have been to?  I hope Al Gore is right, because I'll save a lot of money on these 'vacations' during the winter...I mean, he invented the internet, so I should take his word for it, right? ;)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

MIKE

My folks said Hawaii was nice.  They liked Alaska too.
Mike Johnston

RogueLeader

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 17, 2007, 07:20:35 PM
Dear Mike:

My wife and I have been married for 5 years this December.  She has been dropping subtle hints about wanting to take a 'warm weather' vacation in celebration.

Last year we went on a Caribbean vacation that included, Aruba, Puerto Rico, Curacao, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.  She does not want to 're-visit' any of these locations.

Do you have any recommendations for warm weather destinations that you have been to?  I hope Al Gore is right, because I'll save a lot of money on these 'vacations' during the winter...I mean, he invented the internet, so I should take his word for it, right? ;)
Being a guy, and thus knowing little subtle hints- giving or receiving- I would ask point blank about where she would like to go.

I was being sarcastic for the reasons of being a guy.  I do, however, DO have problems with subtlety.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jimmydeanno

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 17, 2007, 07:44:34 PM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 17, 2007, 07:20:35 PM
Dear Mike:

Being a guy, and thus knowing little subtle hints- giving or receiving- I would ask point blank about where she would like to go.

I was being sarcastic for the reasons of being a guy.  I do, however, DO have problems with subtlety.

Oh, if only it were that easy...she's probably dropped some other 'subtle' hints somewhere along the way that I was supposed to pick up on; an open magazine, commenting on some TV show, etc.  Point blank asking could have such dire consequences as being accused of not wanting to take enough time to think of something she might like...you know how it can be   ;)

Really though, she just wants somewhere warm, and I don't want to tell her that hell is warm...that might be bad  ;D  Perhaps the Med...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill