Main Menu

Ask MIKE

Started by MIKE, April 12, 2007, 08:03:44 PM

Pylon

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 17, 2007, 07:20:35 PM
Dear Mike:

My wife and I have been married for 5 years this December.  She has been dropping subtle hints about wanting to take a 'warm weather' vacation in celebration.

Last year we went on a Caribbean vacation that included, Aruba, Puerto Rico, Curacao, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.  She does not want to 're-visit' any of these locations.

I recommended Alaska, but sadly, she had no interest.

Do you have any recommendations for warm weather destinations that you have been to?  I hope Al Gore is right, because I'll save a lot of money on these 'vacations' during the winter...I mean, he invented the internet, so I should take his word for it, right? ;)

I spent two weeks in the jungle of central west Africa last summer; Cameroon to be specific.  I'd recommend any third-world country in Africa or South America for a really cool, unforgettable "warm-location" vacation.

You think "roughing it" will suck?  Half of my time in Cameroon was at a beach resort in Kribbe, on the Atlantic coast.  Not only did we have a private beach that stretched for miles with a gorgeous view, a decent room with A/C, and seafood caught fresh each day for our meals cooked by the resident chef, but we also were the only guests at the resort at the time.  Oh, did I mention my room was only $22 a night?

I hear of similarly fun experiences in places like Brazil.  Get creative.  Ignore the 2-dozen "travel/vacation destinations" you're supposed to pick from and surprise the heck out of her with an unforgettable experience.  

(Or was that question directed to the other Mike?   :angel: )
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

mikeylikey

Mike..... all of the little faces (emoticons?) show up (like the smiling guy and the kissing guy)  but the applause guy isn't showing up, all it has is an "x" and the word "applause".  Why is that happening?  I am using IE 7, should I switch to Firefox, would it make the little guy show up then?
What's up monkeys?

mikeylikey

Quote from: Pylon on April 17, 2007, 07:50:55 PM
I spent two weeks in the jungle of central west Africa last summer; Cameroon to be specific.  I'd recommend any third-world country in Africa or South America for a really cool, unforgettable "warm-location" vacation.

You think "roughing it" will suck?  Half of my time in Cameroon was at a beach resort in Kribbe, on the Atlantic coast.  Not only did we have a private beach that stretched for miles with a gorgeous view, a decent room with A/C, and seafood caught fresh each day for our meals cooked by the resident chef, but we also were the only guests at the resort at the time.  Oh, did I mention my room was only $22 a night?

I hear of similarly fun experiences in places like Brazil.  Get creative.  Ignore the 2-dozen "travel/vacation destinations" you're supposed to pick from and surprise the heck out of her with an unforgettable experience.  

(Or was that question directed to the other Mike?   :angel: )

Did you come back with any awesome diseases?  At the very least any cool shrunken heads?
What's up monkeys?

RogueLeader

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 17, 2007, 07:48:38 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on April 17, 2007, 07:44:34 PM
Dear Mike:

My wife and I have been married for 5 years this December.  She has been dropping subtle hints about wanting to take a 'warm weather' vacation in celebration.

Last year we went on a Caribbean vacation that included, Aruba, Puerto Rico, Curacao, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.  She does not want to 're-visit' any of these locations.

Do you have any recommendations for warm weather destinations that you have been to?  I hope Al Gore is right, because I'll save a lot of money on these 'vacations' during the winter...I mean, he invented the internet, so I should take his word for it, right? ;)
Being a guy, and thus knowing little subtle hints- giving or receiving- I would ask point blank about where she would like to go.

I was being sarcastic for the reasons of being a guy.  I do, however, DO have problems with subtlety.

Oh, if only it were that easy...she's probably dropped some other 'subtle' hints somewhere along the way that I was supposed to pick up on; an open magazine, commenting on some TV show, etc.  Point blank asking could have such dire consequences as being accused of not wanting to take enough time to think of something she might like...you know how it can be   ;)

Really though, she just wants somewhere warm, and I don't want to tell her that hell is warm...that might be bad  ;D  Perhaps the Med...
Not asking point blank could hurt too, IF you never figure out where she wants to go.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Rangersigo

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

stillamarine

Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

acarlson

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 17, 2007, 07:00:54 PM
Quote from: Rangersigo on April 17, 2007, 06:56:46 PM
Quote from: mikeylikey on April 16, 2007, 12:09:49 AM
Why is the weather still so crappy?

I just saw this great movie call "Inconvenient Truth"  I am positive it is global warming.
I figured it was because that the sun is burning more hot than usual, as well as the fact that the degree of axial tilt has changed to where the climatological patterns have been noticeably altered.  Just nature being itself.  Pay Gore no mind.  he has always needed other people to do his thinking for him.

I think Gore is the cause of global warming.
Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

acarlson

Dear Mike:

St Croix!   just went in February... beautiful... and no cruise ships !  peace and quiet... and island warming!
Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

alexalvarez

Mike....If nothing ever sticks to Teflon, how do they make Teflon stick to the pan?
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

JC004

Quote from: acarlson on April 17, 2007, 10:43:53 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on April 17, 2007, 07:00:54 PM
Quote from: Rangersigo on April 17, 2007, 06:56:46 PM
Quote from: mikeylikey on April 16, 2007, 12:09:49 AM
Why is the weather still so crappy?

I just saw this great movie call "Inconvenient Truth"  I am positive it is global warming.
I figured it was because that the sun is burning more hot than usual, as well as the fact that the degree of axial tilt has changed to where the climatological patterns have been noticeably altered.  Just nature being itself.  Pay Gore no mind.  he has always needed other people to do his thinking for him.

I think Gore is the cause of global warming.

?!

MIKE

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 17, 2007, 07:59:05 PM
Mike..... all of the little faces (emoticons?) show up (like the smiling guy and the kissing guy)  but the applause guy isn't showing up, all it has is an "x" and the word "applause".  Why is that happening?  I am using IE 7, should I switch to Firefox, would it make the little guy show up then?

Other Mike and I are looking into it, but we may need to pass it off to Jerry.

Quote from: stillamarine on April 17, 2007, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: Rangersigo on April 17, 2007, 09:38:49 PM

http://www.style.org/unladenswallow/

African or European swallow?

Quote from: alexalvarez on April 17, 2007, 11:30:16 PM
Mike....If nothing ever sticks to Teflon, how do they make Teflon stick to the pan?

Somebody already asked that one... I got nothing.
Mike Johnston

alexalvarez

Mike.... How can someone "draw a blank"?
Group V Chaplain
Fifty Year Member 2014

Al Sayre

Mike,

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

RogueLeader

Quote from: MIKE on April 18, 2007, 01:40:05 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on April 17, 2007, 07:59:05 PM

Other Mike and I are looking into it, but we may need to pass it off to Jerry.

Quote from: stillamarine on April 17, 2007, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: Rangersigo on April 17, 2007, 09:38:49 PM

http://www.style.org/unladenswallow/

African or European swallow?

Quote from: alexalvarez on April 17, 2007, 11:30:16 PM

Somebody already asked that one... I got nothing.
Because the get teflon embeded with the metal during contruction, and teflon adheres to teflon. . . :)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

alexalvarez

Group V Chaplain
Fifty Year Member 2014

mikeylikey

I think we burned Mike out!  Too many mind blowing questions.
What's up monkeys?

RogueLeader

Well he said we could ask him anything.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ColonelJack

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 21, 2007, 11:26:40 AM
Well he said we could ask him anything.

Betcha he wishes he hadn't said that now!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

MIKE

Yeah... I shouldn't of put that etc in there.
Mike Johnston

Major Lord

Real Questions:

I have heard that at least one WWII Sub "kill" awarded to CAP has been discredited ( Found sunk in another engagement millions of miles away) How many CAP Submarine kills have been awarded and remain confirmed?

Also, How many wolf kills does CAP claim from the wolf eradication program? ( We haff ze wullf vinal zalution!)

How many REAL missions have been flown with our ARCHER Hyperspectral systems? Any successes? ( Oh please don't tell me about secret missions with stellar success that we can't talk about, please?)

How many lives have been saved by CAP ELT missions?

Was Lee Harvey Oswald really a cadet, or is that an internet myth and photo hoax?

You wanted real questions? You gottem'!

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."