Meanings of display names and signitures

Started by RogueLeader, April 04, 2007, 07:35:46 PM

Major_Chuck

Major Chuck

Nothing original there.  I tried CAP Safety Dude for a while when I was active in that field.

Call sign here at the hospital is "Major"...fixing to change that to 'Sarge' when my NG promotion becomes official.

No real nicknames outside of "Cran" when I was in the service. 
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Johnny Yuma

The lonely Rebel searching for inner peace throughout the land, righting wrongs and fighting injustice anywhereits found.

I'm also pretty handy with a shotgun, too.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

LTC_Gadget

I used to fly the majority of my missions/practices with the heads from the Wg Ops shop, and traveled extensively with the wing/region commander.  When a new pilot/flying gadget, pilot aid, tech toy, computer gadget, etc., would come out, I'd usually acquire one.  I was young, single, and used discretionary funds for toys instead of retirement..  So, the DO started calling me "Gadget."  I'd get in the airplane with one/many of them, and they'd ask "What new toy have you got today, Gadget?"

Before everyone was persnickety about what was on the leather badges, I used to have one that had "Gadget" on *it* as well.  I wouldn't try it now for fear someone would probably 2B me, ferpetessake!

My current .sig line is a personal quote.  It'll change as my mood and what I want to say are affected.

V/R,
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

Stonewall

Quote from: LTC_Gadget on April 10, 2007, 05:34:12 AM
IWhen a new pilot/flying gadget, pilot aid, tech toy, computer gadget, etc., would come out, I'd usually acquire one.  I was young, single, and used discretionary funds for toys instead of retirement..  So, the DO started calling me "Gadget." 

I too am a bit of gadget guy, but with gear.  Military gear as it relates to my military job (air national guard), with my civilian job as a cop, or with ground team gear.  From radio headsets to GPS's to tac lights for my pistol, I've got to have it. 

I've been called a "Gear Queer" more than once.  But I'd never use that as my user name  8)
Serving since 1987.

CadetProgramGuy

I could use a whole range of nicknames given to me during my tenure in the Iowa Wing.

Wing Tip - For those of you that don't know, just to suffice, airplanes do get hanger rashes..........

Jimmy - My former CC started to call me that....It stuck like a bad habit.  It is my name to the "inner-circle" of friends.  Well ok if you are in CAP, you can call me Jimmy......

CadetProgramGuy is the name I came up with because I run the CP.  I was teaching a CP portion of our OTS and a new officer said he wanted to talk to the "Cadet Program Guy".

Thanks!!

Jimmy

RogueLeader

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on April 10, 2007, 01:01:08 AM
The lonely Rebel searching for inner peace throughout the land, righting wrongs and fighting injustice anywhereits found.

I'm also pretty handy with a shotgun, too.
My lightsaber is pretty handy too.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Sgt. Savage

Humm.  Sgt. = My Rank, Savage = My Last Name

Consequently, like most of us ex-Army guys, I'm real creative. I was so much so as a kid that I named my Stuffed bear, "Beary", my pig, " Piggy", my lamb, "Lamby", and my dog, "Puppy". My son has that same creative flair.

My signature is was the Crest of the 75th Infantry Regiment, U S Army Rangers, with whom I am honored to have served. I change these things all the time.

Sua Sponte

Jim

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

brasda91

Mine is combination of two organizations.

1. My CAP call-sign used to be KYCAP 191.
2. I was a member of the Barren River Area Search Dog Assoc. (BRASDA).  And I used the number 91 as my call-sign with them, hence brasda91.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

ColonelJack

Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

Here's your new chance, new members to brag about your display name.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SKYKING607

"SKYKING" from the old TV series.....    The "607" comes from my old CAP radio call sign.

CAWG went from BlackBear (mobile) BrownBear (air) WhiteBear (base) to
Eagle and now to Yosemite.  What next?.....Joshua Tree?.....Maybe Mojave?
CAWG Career Captain

sandman

Sandman: I use chemicals to paralyze people and put them to sleep, then I get to wake them up later with more chemicals ;D
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: sandman on June 09, 2007, 10:08:59 AM
Sandman: I use chemicals to paralyze people and put them to sleep, then I get to wake them up later with more chemicals ;D

You're a Medical type Sir? ... sheesh, and all this time I thought that was a surface warfare badge on your Portal Persons' Uniform.

How was The Asian Scene?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

RogueLeader

Bump again:
Hiya new folks
Here's your chance to tell us about yourself.  If you read the past few pages of this thread, you will find out about some of us.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

_

The Bayhawk is the mascot of my original squadron, Bayshore Composite Squadron, NER-NJ-067.  No one really paid all that much attention to it but I liked it so I adopted it.  I was a bayhawk not the bayhawk so I needed some way to indicate that so I included the number 21 which is my birth date.

Below is a paint job I did on my headset of the Bayhawk.

Camas

Camas = named after a wildflower that grows here in the Pacific Northwest.  I just like native plants I guess.  Nothing imaginative other than that.

Skyray

My screen name is taken from the antique fighter plane that was the first operational aircraft I flew back in the early '60s: the Douglas F4D Skyray.  Over the years it has gotten me a number of contacts with Skyray pilots, some of whom are old squadron mates.  It is so little remembered these days that I had to have a model built so I can show people what I am talking about--most of them jump to the conclusion that I am talking about the Douglas Skyhawk, a totally different bird.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member