Main Menu

Navy SEAL Impostor

Started by JK657, April 08, 2013, 05:30:27 AM

SarDragon

I can't help but think that I am totally defined by the Navy. I spent 49 of my 64 years in an active duty household, and the remaining 15 in a retired Navy household of one form or another. I have been in the military health care system my entire life. We shop at the commissary and exchange. We have no Navy stickers on cars, etc., but her vanity plates are Navy associated. My job as a civilian was directly related to, and dependent on, skills I learned in the Navy.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Stonewall

Quote from: FLWG Historian on April 12, 2013, 05:45:53 AM
Current CENTCOM force protection guidance is remove all military associated symbols from your POVs and apparel there are terrorist groups operating in the vicinity of ( omitted in case somebody over reacts and goes public) but it is CONUS. It hurt to scrape some of the stuff off my cars . I am proud, with reason of what we accomplished in my 22 years in the Nav. The Army and USAF have gone over to a system of biometrics at the gate and done away with base decals.

If you run into a person in CAP claiming to have been an officer, the services all maintain  a register or "blue Book" Names and date of last promotion approval, lineal number Ditto the Congressional record cites names. I know the FLWG LO exposed a fake " USAFR Vietnam intel officer claiming a Bronze star" by the Blue book about 16 years ago and I believe he vets anybody who claims prior officer service as a matter of course. We haven't had any more problems here.

Hmmm....I snapped this pic about a year ago in FL.  I wonder where he works?

And not all AF/Army bases are away from stickers.  Specifically, the AF left it up to base commanders.  My base is one that still has decals.
Serving since 1987.

J2H

Many AF bases went to the DBIDS system (as did their JOINT bases if it is one of those types of deals), but not all.  I personally dislike DBIDS (hated the decals, but hate DBIDS more).
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031

Chappie

Now...there was this time when Orville and Wilber Wright, Gill Robb Wilson and I were flying patrol off the North Atlantic coast with the RAF...when out of nowhere came this Nazi Zero.  You couldn't miss it...Eddie Rickenbacker radioed its 3 o'clock position to us.   Armed only with my Red Ryder BB gun, I fired off several rounds and blew that enemy plane out of the skies -- thus saving the White Cliffs of Dover.  And that is why I am wear the Distinguished Flying Cross, the Croix De Guerre, and the National Commander's Commendation Medals.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

a2capt

At least, I can tell you. I have seen a dog house fly. The rest of this.. OTOH.. ;)

MSG Mac

Quote from: Chappie on May 06, 2013, 08:08:40 PM
Now...there was this time when Orville and Wilber Wright, Gill Robb Wilson and I were flying patrol off the North Atlantic coast with the RAF...when out of nowhere came this Nazi Zero.  You couldn't miss it...Eddie Rickenbacker radioed its 3 o'clock position to us.   Armed only with my Red Ryder BB gun, I fired off several rounds and blew that enemy plane out of the skies -- thus saving the White Cliffs of Dover.  And that is why I am wear the Distinguished Flying Cross, the Croix De Guerre, and the National Commander's Commendation Medals.
Since you're a member of the clergy, we'll take your word for it.

Your Holiness
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

NIN

"There I was...
(check one or more)
[ ] 35,000 ft. Inverted.   With a sling load...."
[ ] Six Mig-21s diving out out of the sun and me with nothing but a handful of used grenade pins."
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Chappie

Quote from: MSG Mac on May 06, 2013, 08:41:06 PM
Quote from: Chappie on May 06, 2013, 08:08:40 PM
Since you're a member of the clergy, we'll take your word for it.

Your Holiness

I will swear on a stack of Mad Magazines that this actually took place (Mad Magazine was staple reading in the days of my youth)  :o ;D
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

SarDragon

There I was - 30,000 feet, surrounded by helicopters...
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ol'fido

There I was 10,000 feet over the Line of Death. One engine turning and one engine burning. The canopy was jammed and I was out of fuel. There was no where to go but down. There was a Fokker to the left of me, a Fokker to the right of me, a Fokker above me, and a Fokker behind me. And everyone of them was flying a Mig. I was out of fuel, out of ammo, out of sky, and out of options. WHAT WAS I TO DO????

Simple, ask the sergeant to turn off the simulator and go get a cup of coffee.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Private Investigator