Main Menu

The Chief's Corner

Started by Chief Chiafos, December 31, 2006, 06:29:54 PM

ZigZag911

Quote from: mikeylikey on January 01, 2007, 09:14:41 PM
That is so strange that this "huge" investigation was conducted but it is not public knowledge.  I could see AF OSI investigating CAP-USAF, but not CORPORATE CAP.  Last time I looked everything outside of the CAP-USAF Offices were CORPORATE business.  That said, the MILITARY would be hard pressed to justify to a federal judge why it went on private property and conducted illegal investigation of a civil entity.  I could see the FBI stepping in but not the military.  I am sure those with some type of law background would cite the seperation between CAP Corporate and CAP-USAF.  One is government the other is private.

Freesom of Information alone would allow this report to be seen because it involves a private corporation. 

I don't believe the "we hate Pineda" crowd is driving the "nail in the coffin", but Pineda is doing that very well on his own!.  His recent actions seemed to go against AF wishes.  Thats what does it. 

How will your NCO corps help us in light of your examples you have placed before us?

The investigation happened, I think it was 1999 or 2000.....I believe there was, in fact, FBI involvement.....NHQ was raided, computers and records seized.

It may not have been public knowledge at the time....don't know why, I'm not a decision maker at that level, just have good information sources

RiverAux

C'mon this guy is a troll!!!!   Does anyone believe that any national staff member, even a "straight-shooting, tell it like it is" NCO would personaly insult a CAP member he didn't know on a public site and then say:

QuoteThe dismay, frustration, and resentment I see on this website speaks volumes about how CAP is a dismal failure; failure to lead, failure to train, failure - time after time - to simply do the right thing.

I could believe someone in this position being critical of certain aspects of the organization, and we need that.  But, no one at the top levels of CAP is going to call the organization a failure, and furthermore they wouldn't bring up the OSI investigation and open up that whole can of worms. 

However, this is a smart troll since they didn't pick anyone obvious to imitate such as the national commander.  Kudos for fooling everyone.

I feel sorry for the real Chiafos when he learns how dreadfully his name has been misused. 

JohnKachenmeister

Mikey, and others:

I remember the investigation, and I remember how sweeping it was, although it did not seem to creep down to the unit level, where the members were actually doing the jobs.  There were some criminal charges, but since they all occured at "Echelons above reality" it did not concern me greatly, nor did it affect our day-to-day operations except in terms of access to DRMO's.  Also, I don't remember who was charged, nor did I concern myself with the legal outcomes.

I didn't break any laws, and my records were open to any investigator who wanted to see them.  Of course, since my unit didn't have any money, there wasn't anything to steal in the first place.

And if I may, some of us here are RLO's.  (Real, Live, Officers).  ALL of the CAP NCO's are RLNCO's.  The training and experience that we had in the military places us in a unique position to see and analyze the problems facing CAP, and to come up with solutions based on what we know works in the RealMilitary.  Creating a corps of NCO's with that kind of credibility is a good idea, since the RLO's are visually indistinguishable from other CAP officers.  
Another former CAP officer

MIKE

OK, I think that's about enough of that.
Mike Johnston