Remember that one uniform idea?

Started by Stonewall, August 09, 2020, 06:35:13 PM

Stonewall

Remember like 13 years ago, when I suggested this idea for a permanent and exclusive utility uniform for CAP.

Those were the days.
Serving since 1987.

kcebnaes

I dig it, and it's still a good option.
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Thingsā„¢

exarmyguard

Cool idea. It would be nice if there was just one uniform to worry about. It would be cheaper too.

Hawk200

Reminds me of the old jungle fatigues. I had a set for CAP.

Wouldn't mind seeing those with ACU accessories (undershirt, belt, boots, socks, fleece). Would be a little more across the board uniformity.

Alternately, I would mind seeing a coyote color ACU type uniform with the accessories mentioned above. The color tones would be more uniform.

Stonewall

Quote from: Hawk200 on August 10, 2020, 11:53:09 AMReminds me of the old jungle fatigues. I had a set for CAP.

I would agree, they were the best, during that weird time between fatigues (pickle suits) and BDUs. Maybe a year or so?

Serving since 1987.

GroundHawg

This is my favorite uniform that CAP has never worn.

Even if they were to switch to this cut of top in blue for the BBDU's I would be excited.

Stonewall

I started this thread from my phone and didn't realize the image of "my idea" was so small.

Here's the adult sized version...

Serving since 1987.

SARDOC

This would be a great option.  I'd like just one utility uniform that we could and would all wear.

etodd

Quote from: SARDOC on August 10, 2020, 08:30:34 PMI'd like just one utility uniform that we could and would all wear.

Huge numbers at events I go to agree on the polo, but yes, there are a few that still want the military look.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Stonewall

Quote from: etodd on August 11, 2020, 12:03:30 AM
Quote from: SARDOC on August 10, 2020, 08:30:34 PMI'd like just one utility uniform that we could and would all wear.

Huge numbers at events I go to agree on the polo, but yes, there are a few that still want the military look.

Just a few huh?

I bet you're a joy to be around in CAP.
Serving since 1987.

etodd

Quote from: Stonewall on August 11, 2020, 12:16:02 AMI bet you're a joy to be around in CAP.

Actually, yes.  We have fun, we laugh, we get the job done.  People serve in different ways. Its all good. :)

Paul Creed III

Let's leave the personal attacks at the door or the thread will be locked.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

GroundHawg

Would you still go to on a mission or attend an event where the polo combo was not included in the UOD?

Shuman 14

Quote from: GroundHawg on August 11, 2020, 03:08:16 PM

Would you still go to on a mission or attend an event where the polo combo was not included in the UOD?

Maybe a better question is... CAN you go on a mission or attend an event where the polo combo was not included in the UOD? Meaning do you possess a Field/Working Uniform besides the Polo Combo.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Jester

I've really been liking the dark blue utilities worn by the ground crews for the various AF flight demo teams.

etodd

Quote from: shuman14 on August 11, 2020, 06:15:48 PMMaybe a better question is... CAN you go on a mission or attend an event where the polo combo was not included in the UOD? Meaning do you possess a Field/Working Uniform besides the Polo Combo.

Yes. Five years ago when I first joined I purchased the "required" items. Also ordered the polo. Started wearing the polo, and in five years have never been to a SAREX or mission where the polo was not included as UOD. So yes, the required uniform is still wrapped in plastic to keep the shirt nice and white, such that if its ever needed, I can pull it out. I'm ready.  LOL

I know all this varies by Wing and even squadrons. Some don't like the polo very much. Others you see the polo more often than not.

Hawk200

Quote from: Jester on August 11, 2020, 06:57:17 PMI've really been liking the dark blue utilities worn by the ground crews for the various AF flight demo teams.

Those look like they would be HOT!

Nice though.

Capt Thompson

Quote from: etodd on August 11, 2020, 06:59:08 PM
Quote from: shuman14 on August 11, 2020, 06:15:48 PMMaybe a better question is... CAN you go on a mission or attend an event where the polo combo was not included in the UOD? Meaning do you possess a Field/Working Uniform besides the Polo Combo.

Yes. Five years ago when I first joined I purchased the "required" items. Also ordered the polo. Started wearing the polo, and in five years have never been to a SAREX or mission where the polo was not included as UOD. So yes, the required uniform is still wrapped in plastic to keep the shirt nice and white, such that if its ever needed, I can pull it out. I'm ready.  LOL

I know all this varies by Wing and even squadrons. Some don't like the polo very much. Others you see the polo more often than not.

I've never seen an aviator shirt at a SAREX and rarely a polo, usually ABU, BBDU for ground crew and mission base and flight suits for aircrew.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Shuman 14

Quote from: etodd on August 11, 2020, 06:59:08 PM

I think you missed the scope of the question. Was not talking about a Dress/Service Uniform, I was asking about a Field Uniform.

Do you own a set of BDUs, BBDUs or ABUs to conduct ground Field operations if the Polo Shirt and grey tactical pants are unauthorized for the mission in question?
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Eclipse

Quote from: shuman14 on August 11, 2020, 08:15:05 PMif the Polo Shirt and grey tactical pants are unauthorized for the mission in question?

This is not a "thing".  Read 39-1. The CWU is considered a "working uniform" and is therefore approved
in any circumstance in which a "working uniform" is the UOD, including GT and UDF.

Has it ever happened?  Yes.  Will it happen to you? No.

We get CC's all the time with "ideas".  For better or worse, any CC or POC who disallowed
an otherwise compliant uniform combination, especially the CWU, would find themselves
an "Army of One".

"That Others May Zoom"