What load bearing equipment do you prefer?

Started by Eeyore, April 11, 2007, 08:14:01 PM

smgilbert101

Quote from: JC004 on August 28, 2007, 04:25:41 AM
and one of the best ribbon checkers is Polish...

^^  :o Think about it, thats just asking for a smart remark (it is funny).
Steve Gilbert
SWR-TX-434
Too much rack for my uniform, favorite job is "mentor" (or was that mental..hmm)
ex-alot of things and sometimes gumbly old bear.

JC004

Quote from: smgilbert101 on August 28, 2007, 04:34:13 AM

RogueLeader

Quote from: smgilbert101 on August 28, 2007, 04:34:13 AM

:-\ unless you know someone Polish, or ARE Polish.  A person can make any kind of jokes about anyone, but they aren't nice and aren't professional.  And on this thread, it's not on topic.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

smgilbert101

Actually one of my best friends is, but that's not the point, my apologies.  It is not appropriate here. :angel:
Steve Gilbert
SWR-TX-434
Too much rack for my uniform, favorite job is "mentor" (or was that mental..hmm)
ex-alot of things and sometimes gumbly old bear.

Trouble

Quote from: sargrunt on August 26, 2007, 06:03:46 AM
Is it me or is there some sort of wierd culture which drives us to wear all OD or black colored gear?  When I teach my cadets about gear, I try to drive the bright colored gear into their head.  I always tell them that blaze orange is their friend.  For the most part, I have seen some improvements in their gear choices but I have found a lot of people from other squadrons wanting to continue with the dark colored gear.  Everything I pick to wear is brightly colored.  Why do people insist on old military gear which is uncomfortable for the most part?  Granted, it is very durable, but I cease to see its function with a SAR team.  I'm sure most of you pilots and aircrew types would agree.

Found the Coolest thing since  MRE Bread!  Molle Compatible High-Viz Pouches!

http://www.zulunine.com/

Tactical cool meets eye searing Day glo-Orange .........  Now they are not inexpensive but they are cool.

hum.. Molle Vest with some High-Viz pouches and High-Viz CamelBak.

Day-Glo Commando!

Will be placing a call tomorrow.  I'll report back.
Chris Pumphrey, Capt. CAP
MD-023

(C/FO ret.)

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Trouble

Sorry. For the bad link. Yea, Stonewall is right. Thats the one.
Chris Pumphrey, Capt. CAP
MD-023

(C/FO ret.)

afgeo4

That's just a regular Army 3 day assault pack done in orange. I have the ACU version and it's a great pack except that it's not as water proof as I'd like it to be. Especially since there's a water bladder inside it.
GEORGE LURYE

Stonewall

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 29, 2007, 06:26:09 PM...it's a great pack except that it's not as water proof as I'd like it to be. Especially since there's a water bladder inside it.

As far as I'm concenred, ain't nuthin water proof.  In the Army, I'd put my socks in ziploc bags before putting them in my issued waterproof rucksack liner.  Two weeks in the field, half of which it rained, yeah, they'd get wet.

Ziploc everything before putting it in your water proof resistent liner.  That's your best bet.
Serving since 1987.

davedove

Quote from: Trouble on August 29, 2007, 04:54:41 AM
Quote from: sargrunt on August 26, 2007, 06:03:46 AM
Is it me or is there some sort of wierd culture which drives us to wear all OD or black colored gear?  When I teach my cadets about gear, I try to drive the bright colored gear into their head.  I always tell them that blaze orange is their friend.  For the most part, I have seen some improvements in their gear choices but I have found a lot of people from other squadrons wanting to continue with the dark colored gear.  Everything I pick to wear is brightly colored.  Why do people insist on old military gear which is uncomfortable for the most part?  Granted, it is very durable, but I cease to see its function with a SAR team.  I'm sure most of you pilots and aircrew types would agree.

Found the Coolest thing since  MRE Bread!  Molle Compatible High-Viz Pouches!

http://www.zulunine.com/

Tactical cool meets eye searing Day glo-Orange .........  Now they are not inexpensive but they are cool.

hum.. Molle Vest with some High-Viz pouches and High-Viz CamelBak.

Day-Glo Commando!

Will be placing a call tomorrow.  I'll report back.

That's a great site.  I use a black modular vest, but I look for orange pouches to attach to it.  These will be a great addition.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

afgeo4

speaking of... where's a good place to get replacement water bladders that are acu gear compliant ouside of an MCSS?
GEORGE LURYE

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

isuhawkeye

I have found these syetems to be comfertable, and very functional.

Clearly its not large enough for a full 24 hour kit, but with the right system it works well