Random animals you have met on missions

Started by Tubacap, June 03, 2008, 02:07:32 AM

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 18, 2008, 09:06:18 PM
Continue that talk and you find yourself transfered to the Brazilian CAP. 

I am just being factual.  That, and he left it wide open.

The strangest creatures I've seen on missions are usually PAWG HQ personnel or government workers.  Pennsylvania wildlife just doesn't compare to a grumpy old Lt Col.

CKH405

on one sarex we came up on a trailer with about 20 or 30 acres behind it which wound up concealing the ELT on it....anyways back to the animal when we walked around the trailer there was a single goat tied up in a pen it started to have a fit. after about five minutes a woman came out of the trailer and yelled "SHUT UP GOAT"and then aptly walked over untied it and took it back inside with her
C/SMSgt Baker
Safety/PT Officer
Cape Fear Squadron
MER-NC-023

CKH405

And several very angry drunk guys at 2 in the morning when you come into there "territory" thats some pristine north Carolina wildlife
C/SMSgt Baker
Safety/PT Officer
Cape Fear Squadron
MER-NC-023

mikeylikey

Quote from: CKH405 on June 19, 2008, 12:20:02 AM
And several very angry drunk guys at 2 in the morning when you come into there "territory" thats some pristine north Carolina wildlife

I have had my run-ins with drunk people on missions as well.  Best thing to do is not talk to them, and walk away from them.  They will usually go away on their own, but once when guarding a crash site as a Cadet, a group of college kids came by and wanted to get souvenirs.  Needless to say, they all spent the night in the county drunk tank and had to do community service.  Their community service was cleaning up the park the plane crashed in.  Very fitting in my opinion!!
What's up monkeys?

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: Sqn72DO on June 10, 2008, 05:09:11 AM
I had a badger try to attack my armored vehicle when I was stationed in Colorado.  We had parked and my driver and I heard this really wierd noise.  I can't describe it.  I got out of the TC hatch and walked over to the side of the vehicle and looked down.  This thing was like running up, slamming itself against one of our road wheels.  Then, it backed up, slammed itself again.  Then it started snarling and tried to eat the rubber on the road wheels.  We ended up moving away from that area.....

My guess is... you drove over a baby and momma was trying to get revenge.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 19, 2008, 01:28:49 AM
Quote from: CKH405 on June 19, 2008, 12:20:02 AM

I have had my run-ins with drunk people on missions as well.  Best thing to do is not talk to them, and walk away from them.  They will usually go away on their own, but once when guarding a crash site as a Cadet, a group of college kids came by and wanted to get souvenirs.  Needless to say, they all spent the night in the county drunk tank and had to do community service.  Their community service was cleaning up the park the plane crashed in.  Very fitting in my opinion!!

What is the actual fine/jail-time for disturbing a crash site anyways?

SAR-EMT1

Disturbing a crime scene. (Crashes are generally considered crime scenes till the FAA/ NTSB says otherwise)
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

flyerthom

Quote from: JC004 on June 04, 2008, 02:05:11 AM
cats & dogs, snakes, cadets, government workers, but nothing too out of the ordinary here.   

You can reason with a snake ...

Not on a CAP misson but I had to do a go around at MPO due to a flock of turkeys on the runway.
TC

JC004

Quote from: flyerthom on June 24, 2008, 09:55:33 PM
cats & dogs, snakes, cadets, government workers, but nothing too out of the ordinary here.   

Not on a CAP misson but I had to do a go around at MPO due to a flock of turkeys on the runway.

no deer?  seems to me they would like it there...I think we had an issue on a SAREX once.

flyerthom

Quote from: JC004 on June 25, 2008, 02:48:50 PM
Quote from: flyerthom on June 24, 2008, 09:55:33 PM

no deer?  seems to me they would like it there...I think we had an issue on a SAREX once.

Saw a buch of those too, but a whole flock of turkeys - I was amazed.

TC

maverik

KC9SFU
Fresh from the Mint C/LT
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking." Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

ThorntonOL

At least someone else likes MREs. too bad its the wildlife.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

TEAM SURGE

Lets see....SARX We were just on top of the ELT. Searching the bushes, and we see a lump in the middle of the road. So we start walking that way, and it jumps and runs really fast into the bushes. It was a rabbit getting some shade.
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

TEAM SURGE

I saw a snake, just a little gardner snake....
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"  

ßτε

Rattlesnake, while on a bivouac WIWAC.

Eclipse

Down in 'ol Miss.  We were told the owner let them loose in case the barn collapsed, flooded, etc., and they would be trapped.

To the immediate left of this ▲ photo was the farm house ▼.

Tied up next to the house was a dog who looked as if it hadn't eaten in days, and behind it was a very dead wild pig being eaten by a very live one.  (ewww)

"That Others May Zoom"

SAR-EMT1

Did you at least get the poor dog some food and water?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

Eclipse

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on July 11, 2008, 07:05:31 PM
Did you at least get the poor dog some food and water?

No, we discussed it, but moved  on.  We were told by the next door neighbor that the owner had returned several times
since the storm, and had chosen to leave his animals as-is.  He also looked a little mean - typical mangy farm dog.

Since we had no way to know when the dog had really eaten (he had a bowl of water), and only had people food anyway, we moved on.

"That Others May Zoom"

mikeylikey

^ Many people are sitting in jail for committing felonies regarding the treatment of animals after the storm. 

Many national Animal Societies are still going after people who neglected their animals.

It was especially bad when NBC news showed the tape of police officers rounding dogs up and shooting them.  However, dogs will revert to pack minded animals within 3 days of no human contact or food.  They become vicious, and will kill people.  Dogs are nice when they have people to interact with, but remove the person and the dog is no different than a wild zebra.

Interesting to note..... cats were seen acting the same way.  Cats that were neighbors and would fight with each other were found to be living together in communal hunting parties after the people left.  Weird stuff, that really has never been seen before, because we don't have many major cities destroyed that often.

Then again, people revert to uncivilized brutal monsters when they are deprived of fresh food and water for a few days as well.  Take away creature comforts and we are no different than Cats and Dogs.       
What's up monkeys?

TEAM SURGE

Quote from: mikeylikey on July 11, 2008, 07:51:14 PM
^ Many people are sitting in jail for committing felonies regarding the treatment of animals after the storm. 

Many national Animal Societies are still going after people who neglected their animals.

It was especially bad when NBC news showed the tape of police officers rounding dogs up and shooting them.  However, dogs will revert to pack minded animals within 3 days of no human contact or food.  They become vicious, and will kill people.  Dogs are nice when they have people to interact with, but remove the person and the dog is no different than a wild zebra.

Interesting to note..... cats were seen acting the same way.  Cats that were neighbors and would fight with each other were found to be living together in communal hunting parties after the people left.  Weird stuff, that really has never been seen before, because we don't have many major cities destroyed that often.

Then again, people revert to uncivilized brutal monsters when they are deprived of fresh food and water for a few days as well.  Take away creature comforts and we are no different than Cats and Dogs.       

Thats true! When your hungry, wet, cold, are you happy or angry? It just makes a lot of sence. I like how you compared angry dogs to a wild zebra :)
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"