Main Menu

Had to set-up a reaL LZ

Started by WoodlandSARman, August 26, 2007, 11:49:26 PM

WoodlandSARman

Not sure if I can release the details so I will not but at a MAJOR Air Show I got to help direct and set-up an LZ for a critical and keep a few thousand people back.

It happend near the main exit gate and the show just ended so that was fun. Just after the lifeline left and the ambulance left we had some big war birds come back and need on the ramp next to the scene and the location of the people.

One left in an ambulance one left on lifeline and both were talking.

SUPER stressfull but we and the Guard Reserve got the job done and everyone with EMS was VERY happy.

Very impressed with everyone. Its amazing what you can do when the people that know what they are doing react and move.

I and others were said to have turned into an angry dog. We all reacted instantly and took off with no thinking and had everything set-up near instantly.

For years yo train wondering if you will ever be put to the test and not fail.

It feels good when you are instantly put to the test and expected not to fail because lives really are hanging in the balance and to go above and beyoned and pass the real life test with flyinf colors.

No mater how young or old the cadets that we had that were there they all looked at me when I and others spoke and instantly reacted and got the job done. Even when it was a Sea Cadet giving the oders untill I took over.

HOO-YA to them all
SM Chamberlin
Former C/CMSGT. "lifer"
IN Wing Central Group ES Officer GLR-IN-224
Former GLR-IN-123
Former SWR-OK-002 - Black Knight Command Staff.
Former GLR-IN-069
NGSAR Basic 2000 - Honor Team
NESA GSAR Advanced/Team Leader - 2001 NESA GSAR Basic -  2007

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Flying Pig

cadet cmsgt dotson

I had to set up 2 lz's at 1 in the moring and got home at 4:30 i still went to school  but it was a intersting night and this all happened last night

I AM  jr firefighter with the vol FD