Main Menu

Uniform contest

Started by SAR-EMT1, August 20, 2007, 03:45:08 PM

LtCol White

Well those boots are real and 60 yrs old but there is a company called caboots that sells all the SW boots.

www.caboots.com
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

ColonelJack

Quote from: LtCol White on August 29, 2007, 12:34:41 AM
Me in a rather different..non CAP uniform at a WWII function

;D

Sieg heil!   ;D

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

MIKE

Godwin's Law in pictorial form... Not that I have anything against LHR.  The 506th PIR needs OPFOR.
Mike Johnston

Major Carrales

Quote from: MIKE on August 29, 2007, 05:01:39 PM
Godwin's Law in pictorial form... Not that I have anything against LHR.  The 506th PIR needs OPFOR.

Sometimes "Godwin's Law" is subject to Godwin's Law.  ;)
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Fifinella

;D

And suddenly I understand everything I need to know about the LAWG Hitler Youth Cadet Program.  ;)
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

JayT

Quote from: Stonewall on August 29, 2007, 12:51:38 AM
In the Maldive Islands just a few days after the Tsunami hit.

I don't know what your job is, but I want it.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

JC004

Stonewall has all the good pictures   :(

Stonewall

Quote from: JThemann on August 29, 2007, 05:29:05 PM
I don't know what your job is, but I want it.

You don't want my job, now.  That was my last job.  5 years as a detail leader protecting the President of the World Bank in DC.  Now I'm a cop.  The price I paid for wanting to move to Florida and live near the beach family and raise one of my own.  My previous life was not conducive to raising a child. 

In reference to the picture, we deployed the day after the tsunamis hit.  4 days after they hit, my team, along with the President, were on our way to Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Thailand and the Maldives.  The Maldives were affected the least, hence the suit.  Everywhere else we were a lot more relaxed with waterproof boots, fatigue-style pants and masks over our faces.

Quote from: JC004 on August 29, 2007, 05:30:08 PM
Stonewall has all the good pictures   :(

It all started as a cadet, along with some influence from my mom and her addiction to taking pictures of everyone and everything.  I've carried a camera with me everywhere I've been, however sometimes you have a job to do and can't snap a shot.  The other problem is I find myself taking pictures of other people doing cool stuff so I have to remember to hand my camera to someone else to snap a shot of me.
Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

A few more pics, since I'm showing off you're interested...

1. Me doing my best "Spies Like Us" pose, on a camel in Israel.

2.  Me in Sri Lanka with a paratrooper before we visited the damaged area from the tsunami.

3.  Me in India

4.  Me at Arafat's resting place a week or so after he died.
Serving since 1987.

JC004

I lost most of my cool pictures in a hard drive death.   :'(

LtCol White

Quote from: Fifinella on August 29, 2007, 05:19:36 PM

;D

And suddenly I understand everything I need to know about the LAWG Hitler Youth Cadet Program.  ;)

Ja frau fifinella you do!  >:D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Stonewall

In an effort to get this discussion back on topic, as if I wasn't a main culprit, I am going to nominate all of these people for wearing every version of service uniform CAP has.  Each of them win in their respective category.

Bigger picture can be seen here.
Serving since 1987.

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Trouble

Chris Pumphrey, Capt. CAP
MD-023

(C/FO ret.)

Stonewall

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 30, 2007, 03:08:24 AM
Where's the polo? ;)

Isn't it obvious?  The guy with the polo is taking the picture.  Gawd...
Serving since 1987.

MIKE

Why do we always get photos of members outside in uniform without headgear?  Female in the front left has no grade on her lightweight blue jacket.
Mike Johnston

Hawk200

Quote from: MIKE on August 30, 2007, 03:19:40 AM
Why do we always get photos of members outside in uniform without headgear? 

The few times I've had pictures taken outside in uniform, I've been told to lose the hat because the shadow obscures the face. At least that's according to an Air Force photographer I knew.

Ad yes, I know, flight caps don't do that. But to maintain uniformity in the pic, everybody removes headgear.

Stonewall

Here is the caption that went with the photo:

QuoteCAP hosts Squadron Leadership School
From Left to Right are Civil Air Patrol officers (Row 1) Edit:  just some typical senior members (Row 2) Edit: no need to mention their names. (Civil Air Patrol Photo by Maj. Dana Gray)

My question, especially during an SLS, is what was the UOD?  Regardless of which you choose to go with, TPU or Mil-Style, everyone should be wearing something closely resembling the same uniform.  If it was short-sleeve [fill in uniform], then there should be short-sleeve blues, short-sleeve TPU, or aviator shirt.  No one should be wearing a tie or tie tab, no one should be wearing long-sleeves and no one should be wearing service dress.
Serving since 1987.

MIKE

Most of the PD and other activities I've been to specified a UoD... or stated what was acceptable and what was unacceptable... Like, no bags, BDUs, service dress or equivalents.

What annoys me, is even when you are very specific people still show up in what they want.  And don't say wear class Bs. >:D
Mike Johnston

RogueLeader

Just be sure to announce it a couple weeks ahead.  if you announce it right before the event, people might already be on the way, without that uniform.

BTW, what does this have to do with a uniform contest.  pic is good, why not best good, going into UoD bad.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340