I can't see Cadet Promotions and other modules in eServices.

Started by Crashaxe, November 30, 2018, 12:03:37 PM

Crashaxe

I am a Cadet Programs officer, and am listed as a Cadet Activities Officer in eServices, but I don't have access to any of the Cadet Program modules that I should have access to.

None of the SM's know why I don't have access to the modules I need access to. Everyone in our squadron is relatively new to CAP.

I am the designated problem-solver for our CC, and before we start just bumbling around in eServices, changing my job to see if that solves the problem for example, or removing me and reinstalling me in the position, I thought I would pose the question here to see if anyone migh have the answer to the problem at the top of their head.

In Duty Positions, this is what it shows:

Duty Positions

Duty Position                   Wing   Unit   Assistant   Scope   Assign Date
Cadet Activities Officer   MI   2   Yes           UNIT           11 Sep 2018
Communications Officer   MI   2   Yes           UNIT           28 Apr 2018
Emergency Services Officer   MI   2   Yes           UNIT           28 Apr 2018
Logistics Officer                   MI   2   Yes           UNIT           24 Oct 2018
Operations Officer           MI   2   No           UNIT           28 Apr 2018
Safety Officer                   MI   2   No           UNIT           11 Sep 2018

The page under the Cadet Programs tab gives me only the following options:

Applications
CAP CadetInvest
Cadet Encampment Assistance Program
Cadet Protection
Cadet Uniform
Drug Demand Reduction Reporting
Registration and Payment System

Public Cadet Programs Website
Regulations
P60-31 - Cadet Staff Handbook
R60-1 - Cadet Program Management
R60-2 - CAP Cadet Protection Policy

Can anyone tell me what the best solution would be to allow me to gain access to the Promotions and other modules to which I need access?

My search of Google and captalk didn't find me the solution. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Crashaxe

cnitas

You are listed as the assistant activities officer.  What modules are you looking to have access to specifically? 

You should not need the promotions modules in that position.
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Eclipse

+1 - The role assigned is in regards to activities.

Promotion approval would generally be reserved to the CC and CDC.

Under REPORTS > Duty Position Access by Application you can download a list of all modules
as automatically assigned with a respective position.

Promotion data entry and approvals requires one of the below (dependent on echelon):

"Chief of Staff, Commander, DCS Cadet Programs, Deputy Commander, Deputy Commander for Cadets, Director of Cadet
Programs, Testing Officer, Vice Commander"

"That Others May Zoom"

Crashaxe

Quote from: cnitas on November 30, 2018, 01:20:55 PM
You are listed as the assistant activities officer.  What modules are you looking to have access to specifically? 

You should not need the promotions modules in that position.

I shouldn't have said that I need access to them. I should have said the unit would like for me to have access to the various modules without having to be in someone else's account with their permission. I do far more than just what a Cadet Activities Officer would normally do, as,  like a lot of squadrons as I understand it, we Senior Members are stretched thin.

Crashaxe

Quote from: Eclipse on November 30, 2018, 02:08:26 PM
+1 - The role assigned is in regards to activities.

Promotion approval would generally be reserved to the CC and CDC.

Under REPORTS > Duty Position Access by Application you can download a list of all modules
as automatically assigned with a respective position.

Promotion data entry and approvals requires one of the below (dependent on echelon):

"Chief of Staff, Commander, DCS Cadet Programs, Deputy Commander, Deputy Commander for Cadets, Director of Cadet
Programs, Testing Officer, Vice Commander"

Thank you very much for the info!! If any of the other Senior Members knew this at any point, they had forgotten it. All of the Senior Members are relatively new.