Encampment Flight MASCOTS?

Started by jfkspotting, May 26, 2018, 03:31:00 AM

Spam

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on May 29, 2018, 11:33:54 PM
Quote from: Trenzalorian on May 29, 2018, 08:21:35 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 29, 2018, 07:46:14 PM
"Themes"?

Are A-(x) too simple and easy to remember?

That's not the point. The point is to have a name, an identity, that the cadets can identify and build a camaraderie out of. Also, it's fun to have a certain mascot and chant or whatever. Aren't encampments supposed to have fun involved?

I've seen plenty of cadets "...identify and build [a] camaraderie out of..." simply being "Delta Flight" with nothing more than a big "E" on their guidon.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps they stole that guidon from Echo flight...

"On the Fields of Trenzalore... where no creature can speak falsely..."  He speaks wisely I think. Encampments should be fun and you should learn something. Thus i suggest Heritage Flights - instead of just picking a meaningless name, "adopt" and honor an actual unit and honor them.

USAF is doing this sort of thing now in BMT honoring past Chiefs. See http://www.jbsa.mil/News/News/Article/610916/air-force-bmt-implements-gender-integrated-heritage-flights/

Heritage Flights - honoring individuals or in entire units - have precedent, are popular, and are consistent with current air force practice.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Spam on May 30, 2018, 01:41:52 AM
Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on May 29, 2018, 11:33:54 PM
Quote from: Trenzalorian on May 29, 2018, 08:21:35 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 29, 2018, 07:46:14 PM
"Themes"?

Are A-(x) too simple and easy to remember?

That's not the point. The point is to have a name, an identity, that the cadets can identify and build a camaraderie out of. Also, it's fun to have a certain mascot and chant or whatever. Aren't encampments supposed to have fun involved?

I've seen plenty of cadets "...identify and build [a] camaraderie out of..." simply being "Delta Flight" with nothing more than a big "E" on their guidon.

Perhaps they stole that guidon from Echo flight...

"On the Fields of Trenzalore... where no creature can speak falsely..."  He speaks wisely I think. Encampments should be fun and you should learn something. Thus i suggest Heritage Flights - instead of just picking a meaningless name, "adopt" and honor an actual unit and honor them.

USAF is doing this sort of thing now in BMT honoring past Chiefs. See http://www.jbsa.mil/News/News/Article/610916/air-force-bmt-implements-gender-integrated-heritage-flights/

Heritage Flights - honoring individuals or in entire units - have precedent, are popular, and are consistent with current air force practice.

Ha! Thanks!  Fixed.

As to incorporating heritage into the mix in some way - I'm all for it, as long as it doesn't become THE focal point. It's a tool, not a requirement. Also - while I see plenty of reasons for incorporating USAF heritage, we shouldn't forget that CAP has its own heritage too, which can be incorporated into this.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.